Локальная сеть и DHCP

KoOS network development
  • I just noted that your i8255x device is i82558.
    I also just noted that the device says on the debug board it is out of resources.
    Then I noted that in my local SVN repository, I started writing extra code specially for this device more then a year ago..

Conclusion:
    Please try with attached driver.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • I welcome You "hidnplayr" !
    Приветствую Вас "hidnplayr" !
    ----
    All drivers are connected.
    Connect computers through "direct connect cable (A-B)".

Все драйверы подключил.
    Соединил компьютеры через "прямой соединительный кабель (A-B)".
    ----
    On the second computer launched "WireShark".
    На втором компьютере запустил "WireShark".
    ----
    I8255X.SYS :
    BOARDLOG

Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2
    Screenshot 3
    Screenshot 4
    ----
    Here the whole heap:
    Здесь вся куча:
    folder
    ----
    I did not understand something with the ".pcap" file in "WireShark" ...
    Я чего-то не понял с ".pcap" файлом в "WireShark"...
  • So to summarize:

i82547:
    The link is still not detected. I will investigate further (see below)

i82540em:
    The link is not detected. I have reported this issue myself, which might suggest I have a device somewhere to reproduce the problem.
    I need time to find the device and try to fix this problem on my card(s) before we continue.

You could also try the old revision of the driver which does not have link detection http://builds.kolibrios.org/eng/history/svn5587-img.7z
    This might fix the issue on i82540em, but i doubt it will work on i82547.

i82558:
    The driver still reports 'out of resources' - something seems to go wrong with the transmit queue I believe. I will investigate further when I find the time.
    Have you tried to reset the driver manually from netcfg program?

Wireshark:
    When the capture has been started on the correct interface, the traffic should be visible, something like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... enshot.png
    After stopping the capture, you can press 'file' and 'save'.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Re...
    Have you tried to reset the driver manually from netcfg program?
    Вы пытались сбросить драйвер вручную из программы netcfg?
    ----
    I did everything as You indicated.
    Всё сделал как Вы указали.
    ----
    I8255X.SYS :

test_1.pcap
    test_2.pcap
    test_3.pcap
    ----
    On the second computer launched "WireShark". I connected it to the internal network.
    На втором компьютере запустил "WireShark". Подсоединил его ко внутренней сети.

test_4.pcap
    ----
  • Please try latest build on i82540 and i82547.
    At least on my "Intel RC82540EM" it now works again (apparently was broken since #5140).

For i8255x, please try #5520 (http://builds.kolibrios.org/eng/history/svn5520-img.7z)
  • I welcome You "hidnplayr" !
    ----
    latest-distr_ru r6947. The driver "I8254X.SYS" ("I8255X.SYS" is taken from "svn5520-img"). In "KolibriOS" DHCP=auto, DNS=auto.
    ----
    [Card-1] 192.168.1.2 (Recognize by "MAC-address" in "MikroTik". DHCP Static). Integrated into the motherboard.
    "Intel 82547EI" Intel PRO/1000 CT. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1019&SUBSYS_0C07105B&REV_00\4&16EBCD95&0&0818

Works fine, tested 4 hours.
    Does the driver use the "Sleep" mode ? , in the absence of network activity, "MikroTik" (in "DHCP Server/Leases" and "ARP List")
    indicates that the device is disabled. With any network activity, the device is immediately displayed as active.
    Always receives the IP-address 192.168.1.2 from "MikroTik".

Работает прекрасно, тестировал 4 часа.
    Драйвер использует режим "Sleep" ? , при отсутствии сетевой активности, "MikroTik" (в "DHCP Server/Leases" и "ARP List")
    показывает что устройство отключено. При любой сетевой активности, устройство тут же отображается как активное.
    Всегда получает от "MikroTik" IP-адрес 192.168.1.2 .

BOARDLOG

Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2
    Screenshot 3
    Screenshot 4
    Screenshot 4
    ----
    [Card-2] 192.168.1.3 (Recognize by "MAC-address" in "MikroTik". DHCP Static for KolibriOS). Installed in the PCI slot.
    "Intel RC82540EM" Intel PRO/1000 MT. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_100E&SUBSYS_002E8086&REV_02\4&1F7DBC9F&0&20F0
    [Card-3] 192.168.1.25 (Recognize by "MAC-address" in "MikroTik". DHCP Static for KolibriOS),(not used in WindowsXP). Installed in the PCI slot.
    "Intel SB82558B " Compaq NC3121 . PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1229&SUBSYS_B0D70E11&REV_05\4&1F7DBC9F&0&08F0

It works, but only until the network activity stops. After resuming network activity gets from "MikroTik"
    the IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx. "KolibriOS" begins to wildly brake, rescues the magic "Reset" (button).

In my case, the work of these network adapters in "KolibriOS" is irrelevant, i removed them from the list of recognized equipment in "NETCFG"
    as well as any other (not "INTEL" that would not call my eyes), just deleted "I8255X.SYS" and other unused drivers from "kolibri.img".

Работает, но только до прекращения сетевой активности. После возобновления сетевой активности получает от "MikroTik"
    IP-адрес 169.254.xxx.xxx . "KolibriOS" начинает дико тормозить, спасает волшебный "Reset" (кнопка).

В моём случае, работа этих сетевых адаптеров в "KolibriOS" неактуальна, я изъял их из списка распознаваемого оборудования в "NETCFG"
    как и любых других (не "INTEL" что-бы глаза не мозолили), так же удалил "I8255X.SYS" и другие не используемые драйверы из "kolibri.img".
    ----
    If necessary, i can perform detailed testing of my network adapters, not only above, but also any others.

При необходимости, могу произвести детальное тестирование имеющихся у меня сетевых адаптеров, не только выше указанных, а и любых других.
    ----
  • Older (network) drivers does not always work with newer kernels. I believe here it is the case.
    (If you want to test older drivers, better to use complete old image)
    For i8255x, I also fixed a bug in driver yesterday so it might work with latest release.

For i8254x, the driver does not know about sleep mode, but the PHY on your network card might.
    As long as it wakes back up on time, I would not worry about it :)

Did you test "Intel RC82540EM" card also? (not clear from your post)
    I have a card with this chip, and for me it works.
  • pirrrex wrote: If necessary, i can perform detailed testing of my network adapters, not only above, but also any others.
    What other adapters do you have?