Tried to run Kolibri on my real PC but it's stuck on "Initialize system directory /sys"

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • What image do you boot from? What is the boot mode: BIOS or UEFI?
    Try one of older images (img, iso, raw), does it work?
  • Older versions like 0.7.7.0 work but the latest version is stuck on that message

I boot from BIOS I think
  • Here you can find a number of older builds. Try to start from e.g. r9182 and detect the first broken revision. This way it will be easier for us to find and fix the issue.
  • Follow the link I provided in my previous post. You will see many different KolibriOS images.
    These images differ by their type (floppy, cd, hdd/flash) and revision number (rXXXX, kind of version). The bigger that number is, the more recent version of KolibriOS it corresponds to.
    Try to boot images of different revisions to find the revision number N such that image of revision N-1 boots successfully while N doesn't.
    My intuition suggests you to start from the revision number 9182.
  • Ohhhh right.
    It works with the revision number 9182
  • dunkaist wrote:Try to ... find the revision number N such that image of revision N-1 boots successfully while N doesn't.
    Marcelo wrote:It works with the revision number 9182
    Do I understand correctly that r9182 boots successfully and r9183 doesn't?
  • The r9183 doesn't boot
  • First use an image of r9183.
    On the blue screen enable 'Duplicate debug output to the screen'; choose the biggest supported video mode; boot; take a photo of the screen; attach that photo here.

Then use the latest image, follow the same instructions and attach another photo of the screen.
  • Now
    Attachments
    20211029_220345_Burst01.jpg
    20211029_220345_Burst01.jpg (2.93 MiB)
    Viewed 5661 times
  • Excuse me for the shifty quality
  • Let me send you a better pic
    Attachments
    20211029_221129_Burst01.jpg
    20211029_221129_Burst01.jpg (3.36 MiB)
    Viewed 5661 times
  • I need to know what SATA/AHCI controller you have. To provide this information, please, boot r9182, run PCIDEV program and attach its photo.
    Also, what type of image do you boot from: floppy, cd or hdd/flash?
  • I boot from flash :)
    Attachments
    20211030_150447.jpg
    20211030_150447.jpg (3.7 MiB)
    Viewed 5563 times
  • Marcelo wrote:I boot from flash :)
    1) Can you tell what is your hard drive model? AHCI driver says "unknown device signature", it's strange..
    2) Which disk mode is set in your BIOS: AHCI mode or legacy ATA mode ?
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.