Few good words and other info

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Mees Metsast wrote:The main things I missed were FLAC playback and exFAT access :)
    Since FLAC is the second most used format (after MP3) in my music collection and most of my storage media/partitions are in exFAT.
    FLAC playback should be supported by fplay. Yes, fplay is a video player but it is based on ffmpeg and can play audio too.
    exFAT is not supported at the moment, you are right.
    Mees Metsast wrote:* I read that GPT suport is allready there? Awesome in that case!
    GPT is supported.
    Mees Metsast wrote:* NVMe is spreading more and more...
    Not supported, nobody works on it AFAIK.
    Mees Metsast wrote:* I also read that support for UEFI only systems (without CSM) are in works?
    There is uefi4kos loader. It isn't user-friendly but can boot KolibriOS. The problem is that UEFI differs from BIOS not only in the mechanism of OS loading but also in the provided environment. You can read the mentioned topic to get more information and the idea of current status of booting KolibriOS on UEFI.
    Mees Metsast wrote: Can those systems still boot from floppy images with the help of some boot manager/loader?
    kolibri.img file is still used as a ram disk, i.e. /rd/.
    Mees Metsast wrote:* Starting the "KIW" image viewer allways resets the mouse speed settings to 5, 5
    (sidequestion: What on earth the simple image viewer has to to with mouse settings? :O)
    Good point. I suspect this was done for a more convenient testing and should definitely be fixed. Give me time until tomorrow.

For other bugs, IMHO, it's better to file formal bug reports. It doesn't guarantee a faster fix of course. Looking at tracker tasks is just more convenient than searching the board.
    You are welcome: bugs.kolibrios.org.
  • dunkaist wrote:
    Mees Metsast wrote:* Starting the "KIW" image viewer allways resets the mouse speed settings to 5, 5
    (sidequestion: What on earth the simple image viewer has to to with mouse settings? :O)
    Good point. I suspect this was done for a more convenient testing and should definitely be fixed. Give me time until tomorrow.
    Fixed in #8753.

Mees Metsast wrote:* Few times it happened that starting music playback for the first time (after boot) freezed the player app with 100% CPU usage and even task manager was not able to close it. After restart was all fine again (my MOBO is ECS G41T-M7 v1.0 with Intel HDA audio).

* Also wew times happened (I think related to loading network stuff) that my mouse and keyboard (PS2) stopped working - only numlock etc. could still be toggled. The system itself seemed to still run, since the clock on bottom right still ticked.
    I have separate PCIE network adapter "PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_34687470&REV_06".
    It would be easier to debug these issues if they could be reproduced on simulators like QEMU.
  • * Starting the "KIW" image viewer allways resets the mouse speed settings to 5, 5
    Mother of G-d... I saw this issue but didn't believe myself and now I know the root.
    * The "Eolite" filebrowser sometimes gets mouse targets in the filelist box messed up for some reason - like I click on file 16 but it opens file 4 or like that. Helps system restart.
    I saw this weird issue. The weirdest thing is that Eolite close and open doesn't help. Maybe a core issue? There were several core fixes that might cause this regression.

There are libraries for FLAC and AAC http://board.kolibrios.org/viewtopic.php?p=74708#p74708 but I didn't implement their support in Pixie yet.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Nice to see the mouse speed thing fixed (haven't tried it yet)! :)

My logic was also that maybe fplay can play flac but it did'nt work (+ fplay does not fit in the main image).

I also even thought of recompiling the kernel to change the cursor for "the sake of it" but got stuck with "bootbios.bin" and "kernel.bin".
    Alltrough I wold'nt really call the need to recompile kernel a changeable cursor :)

Have'nt got around yet to explore the bug tracer thing.