[bugreport] USB keyboard not "visible" to Kolibri (ASRock K7S8XE)

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Try re-plugging the keyboard once KolibriOS has booted to see if it might be an issue with BIOS USB hand-over.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Yes, I was aware it sometimes can help in such circumstances; not this time, unfortunately. It didn't help.
  • Oh, I forgot to mention that USB mouse doesn't work neither.
  • UPDATE - POSSIBLE SOLUTION
    Now that I have learned a bit more, there might be a reason for the USB issues (also the same thing happens with the PS/2 connection, so not just USB, it is any input device). While reading I learned that KolbiriOS does not work well in most partitions. It works best with FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, and EXT2. Then would it make sense that there were problems, when I had the OS folder saved on an EXT3 partition?

While wondering about it, I decided to move it to a new partition. I formatted a USB key with a FAT32 partition, and moved the entire folder from my hard drive to the new partition. I have been booting the system over and over, and the problem is not repeating. It seems like a possibly bulletproof solution.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

-----
    I am trying this OS for the first time, similar symptoms.

The blue screen responds to the USB keyboard and trackball which are connected through the built-in hub of the monitor. Since I had an old PS/2 keyboard and my box has a PS/2 receptacle, I tried that, and caps lock and num lock work, and the rest of the keys just worked intermittently.

Also, after trying that, the USB started working within the booted OS. When I rebooted, the USB worked again, but then after a few reboots, stopped working. It seems to only work sometimes, without any change on my part. I did try unplugging and replugging, and different USB ports. Since the issue reoccurs with the PS/2 connection, I'm bringing this up here.

I've seen a few other topics, which note that the USB keyboard or mouse are not active in the OS, and the responses seem to point towards the manufacturer of the motherboard.

The hardware I'm running is a Dell Optiplex 790 with an i5 processor.

Thanks in advance.
  • Looks like GREAT system. But I too cannot get my wireless mouse to work, and my wired USB keyboard also looks dead. Can't get anymore info on this bug because I'm locket out of the system....sigh
  • Looks like GREAT system. But I too cannot get my wireless mouse to work, and my wired USB keyboard also looks dead. Can't get anymore info on this bug because I'm locket out of the system....sigh. Under VENTOY they both work without issues, but when I imagine wrote to USB, the whole USB seemed to lock up....HP AIO DF0003W here.