Google Summer of Code 2017

Events from the world of KolibriOS and its developers
    • Audio input (microphone)
    to infinity and beyond
  • The main question: who is ready to participate in GSoC this year as mentor or administrator? Cause just me is not enough.
  • So, seems like this year we are not interested to participate in GSoC.
  • Is there a direct link to list of rules and duties for admin ?
  • Fill the forms, watch for the entire process. For the backup admin - to be registered, unless something happen with me.
  • If we file an application this year, then today I will prepare a page on the wiki.
    to infinity and beyond
  • The mentors, do you have them? I need at least a few people, which I will not have to kick.
  • Вам еще эти гсоки не надоели в доску, нет?

Полезного и некривого кода от них - от силы сорок строчек,

денег - студент за лето на стройке больше заработает,

бюрократии - как в штабе дивизии,

ну и склоки, дрязги и вонь на целый год.
  • Ну не так, чтоб в доску...

Тут скорее дефицит посильных полезных задач. А так чтоб результат был максимальным, нужно чтобы студент не в собственном соку варился, а делал то, что иначе его ментор делал бы сам. Итого, для продуктивного участия в GSoC у нас низковата общая активность проекта.

$2000 в месяц?! Нафиг программирование! Хочу быть строителем!

Заполнение 5-минутных форм? По-моему, если по закону устраиваться на работу, бюрократии больше.

На целый год? Ты о чём вообще?
  • Чтобы мало зарабатывать - вовсе необязательно всю ночь сидеть у компа
    https://www.totaljobs.com/salary-checke ... calculator

Давно замечено, что как только в проект приходят (даже очень маленькие) деньги -
    сразу начинаются склоки, слив помоев в хабр и громкое хлопанье дверьми.
  • art_zh wrote:Давно замечено, что как только в проект приходят (даже очень маленькие) деньги -
    сразу начинаются склоки, слив помоев в хабр и громкое хлопанье дверьми.
    Жалко, что бывает взаимный неадекват в общении :( и как следствие дальнейшие личные выводы.
  • art_zh
    Ну ты живёшь в Британии, я за тебя рад, а в Индии, СНГ и других странах это средняя зарплата программиста, а для многих людей и вовсе годовая.

Это ты про единственный инцидент, что-ли? А при чём там деньги?
  • (From Google)
    Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder that you have one week, until Thursday, February 9th at 17:00 UTC to complete your Org applications for GSoC 2017.

As of right now there are several hundred applications still in process, please be sure you complete all 3 steps of the process before the deadline. We will not review any applications that are incomplete as of the deadline. It is easy to see if you completed the application as the circle will be all green and show 100% on your dashboard.

What do we want to do? Participate in this year's GSoC or not?
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!
  • Good question. Last year's GSoC wasn't perfect, and for now seems like this year's GSoC could be only worse. No direct connections between mentors and projects means that students will be on their own.