Спонтанные зависания системы

Everything you can't fit into other forums
  • CleverMouse: Yes, what you say is what I was thinking as well.
    I did not make any comments yet because I need to review code. I should not even be using KernelAlloc, but NetAlloc instead.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Since #5561 i8255x driver should no longer leak memory, and fail graciously when out of resources.
    Correct handling of "out of resources" situation remains to be done.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • I8255X: Out of resources!
    Attachments
    BOARDLOG.TXT (26.5 KiB)
    Downloaded 297 times
  • Everything is fine! Freezing disappeared, as puddles mushroom from the rain under the bright summer sun.
  • popovpa: Currently, chain reaction of problems occurs when network card says it's out of resources.
    I must figure out how to handle this situation properly, and write this code in the driver.
  • I'm in the process of setting out Kolibrios on my PC. Downloaded it yesterday and have it running - dual booting without any issue between mxlinux and kolibrios.

I cannot get networking to work. Have tried a number of different nics.

The PC currently has a I82559 based intel nic and a 3com 3c905B.

The debug says the following:

I8255X: Out of resources!
    3C59X: This device is not auto-negotiation capable.

Both nics work without any issue when I boot mxlinux.

When booting Kolibrios, I've tried each nic individually, to rule out any resource conflicts, and get the same results as I mentioned above.

This is an older Supermicro S2DGR motherboard.

Machine:
    Type: Desktop Mobo: Supermicro model: Intel 440GX v: Rev. 1

CPU:
    Topology: Single Core model: Pentium III (Cascades) bits: 32 type: MT
    arch: P6 III Xeon rev: 1 L2 cache: 2048 KiB
    flags: pae sse bogomips: 2405
    Speed: 601 MHz min/max: N/A Core speeds (MHz): 1: 601 2: 601
    Graphics:
    Device-1: NVIDIA NV5 [Riva TNT2 / TNT2 Pro] vendor: Diamond Systems Audio:
    Device-1: Creative Labs EMU10k2/CA0100/CA0102/CA10200 [Sound Blaster
    Audigy Series]
    driver: snd_emu10k1 v: kernel bus ID: 00:12.0