Hello

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Below the BASIC compiler for MenuetOS. I do not know it works or not.
    Attachments
    basic.zip (79.13 KiB)
    Downloaded 283 times
  • I tried this basic, but its documentation is very poor.
    There is no update since 2002.
    I would like to write a Basic compiler for Menuet and Kolibri as the one I wrote for Windows.
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/panoramic-language
  • Brandon wrote: I suppose its a little off topic, but what's the recommended way to install to a hard drive?
    A Linux-master may find it useful to load Kolibri with Grub.

1) Create two small FAT partitions on your disk (100 Mb is a lot for any KOS application). Let's say for sure the 2nd and 3rd partitions of your 2nd hard disk created ( /dev/hdb2 & /dev/hdb3 or (hd1,1) & (hd1,2) in Grub's own enumeration).
    2) Mount these partitions to your filesystem as /KOS/raw and /KOS/stable.
    3) Download a recent version of KolibriOS to both. Check that kolibri.img is there!
    4) Add copies of memdisk (a part of syslinux package) to /KOS/raw and /KOS/stable.
    5) Being a root, add few lines to Grub' configuration /boot/grub/menu.lst:

Code: Select all

title KolibriOS - experimental
       rootnoverify (hd1,1)
       kernel /memdisk 
       initrd /kolibri.img

title KolibriOS - stable
      rootnoverify (hd1,2)
      kernel /memdisk
      initrd /kolibri.img

6) Reboot, choose "KolibriOS - experimental" in your next Grub session and have lot of fun with it. You've loaded it from your HDD!
    7) Staying inside KOS, you will be able to edit and recompile your kernel sources. Alternatively, you can copy externally compiled core to your ramdisk from any physical DOS/Win disk of your computer (Kolibri can't read ext2/ext3 yet!).
    8) Don't forget to store you ramdisk each time leaving Kolibri session!
    9) A buggy kernel will fail your next boot. That's why do whatever you want with your first KOS-disk files only, and copy the stuff to /KOS/stable when you're sure it's really stable....