KolibriOS in VMware.

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • I use KolibriOS in VMware for the same thing: learning ASM and OS development.

I have not had any problems saving settings or anything, although I don't recall needing to save anything specifically prior to shutdown and restart. I am using VMware Player 6.0 and have the .img file attached from the last stable release (.71 or whatever). Wish I had more insight to offer, but that is my own experience with VMware and Kolibri.
    Mike
  • What host OS are you using?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Generally running on Windows XP, but I've also tried it under Linux Centos 5.2 32bit & 64bit. Same thing happens.

VMware player 6.0? I'm guessing you mean workstation as player is only up to v2.5.

I've tried it in v2.5 and v2.0 and both do the same on both os's. I think I might have a try with v1 of player and give it a try in qemu or VirtualBox to see if the same thing happens.

!m!
  • I see what you mean about not having to specifically save anything. Changed to my code seem to be saved, but I can't save settings.
    I think I'll have to boot up on a physical, change settings then copy the image file back.

!m!