KolibriOS as Kernel for Application

Internal structure and you change requests/suggestions
  • Ups, I ran into some little problem…
    One of my units (ZBox Pico), which is a pure UEFI unit and do have ONLY USB-C is able to boot the STICK and video is working via an USB-C Port Replacator with USB-3, HDMI… but the keyboard and mouse is not working or better, not accepted via USB-C over the port replicator. It seems, that this depend on the USB-C port itself and no drivers ready for the kernel to use them.
  • 1) What image you downloded? If it's Floppy disk image then it havent but icons. You can have one from another image.
    2) USB-3 suport not implemented.
  • McEddie wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:56 pm
    My idea is, to bring up an old DOS based application suite up to life… it would be great, if KolibriOS can handle this… my dream was, that Kolibri could work as its own kernel, doing all the base functions and the applications are working on top on it… this would bring office abilities and much more to KolibriOS.
    KolibriOS can't directly execute DOS based applications due to the large difference in the nature of operating systems (unlike DOS, ours works in protected mode) but Dosbox does it, except is creating new directories(curent port problem).
    McEddie wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:56 pm Now, one of our member bought the Source of this programs and bring them ip to the public… no idea, if this would be a way to combine each other… but anyhow, DOSBox, specially DOSBox-X or much more better DOSEMU2 or maybe BOCH directly will be a good basement for that too.
    What is a member and why? What source codes have been purchased and made available to the public?