scrsaver -- screen saver

• Hello,

This topic was in browser bookmarks for a long time because I wanted to test it.
    Now I have finally checked and it works well. Great idea.

But for me Spiral demo is a bit too colored and may be annoying. Maybe better to rebuild old @ss into a demo and use it?

Also I can write a configuration UI for @ss.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency wrote:This topic was in browser bookmarks for a long time because I wanted to test it.
    Now I have finally checked and it works well. Great idea.
    Thank you, I have many pinned tabs for exactly same reason too.
    Leency wrote:But for me Spiral demo is a bit too colored and may be annoying. Maybe better to rebuild old @ss into a demo and use it?
    As I described in the commit message, it isn't straightforward with @ss to make a standalone demo into a screensaver and vice versa. It shouldn't be too hard to extract ASSM screensaver (or LINES?) from @ss if we decide that there is no better screen saver candidate among existing demos. Such demo shouldn't burn the CPU and eat memory of course.
    Leency wrote:Also I can write a configuration UI for @ss.
    Do you prefer a separate application or another tab in existing configurator?
  • dunkaist wrote:Do you prefer a separate application or another tab in existing configurator?
    What configurator do you mean? I can add a tab in Appearance app.
    SYSPANE -> APPEARANCE (ISO must be attached)
    Из хаоса в космос
  • I meant Appearance, right. I didn't know it's ISO only.

btw, Appearance crashes after selecting 'bat' skin.
  • dunkaist wrote:btw, Appearance crashes after selecting 'bat' skin.
    Already fixed.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Screensaver starts on K6-2/500AFX: draws an image and then crashes with the notice "Unsupported instruction."
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Fixed in r7665. FCOMIP instruction is too new for K6-2/500AFX and disassembler in our debugger.

Another task for those who doesn't know where to start: update mtdbg to disassemble fcomip instruction properly.
  • #9449: /sys/3d/crownscr (Crown screensaver) is now also supported.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Added screensaver tab into Appearance app.
    Attachments
    ss.png
    ss.png (10.37 KiB)
    Viewed 4534 times
    Из хаоса в космос