CSRNG

Internal structure and you change requests/suggestions
  • Рустем (rgimad) уже находи некоторые источники энтропии и использовал их в программе http://websvn.kolibrios.org/listing.php ... eb65c8c626

rgimad has already found some sources of entropy and used them in the program http://websvn.kolibrios.org/listing.php ... eb65c8c626
  • Doczom: I am talking already about the next level ;)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • You hardly expected anything except 'looks great, why not', so here it is. Looks great, why not.

It is a common practice for mature systems to have such a syscall. And its implementation seems to be quite compact. It is probably the best we can do without being crypto experts.

I could cover your implementation with unit tests using my UMKa tool.
  • Of course, there is no such thing as a free meal.
    If we want to have great random numbers, they must be paid in CPU time.

The idea is to collect entropy at the following places:
    - At set_keyboard_data in keyboard.inc (current hpet/rdtsc timer value (least significant bits) and scancode on keyboard event)
    - At irq_serv_h.main in irq.inc (current hpet/rdtsc timer value (least significant bits) on various non-keyboard interrupts)
    - At set_mouse_data in mousedrv.inc (from cursor xpos, ypos (least significant bits), buttons on mouse event)

I believe anyone here can see that we will need some computational time at those crucial parts in kernel, to collect that entropy.
    The proposed algorithm(s) try to keep this cost at a minimum and postpone most of the CPU-heavy tasks until someone actually requests some random data, but still..

PS: Some other popular entropy sources are seek time for mechanical hard-disks and audio input devices.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • а если получать случайные числа прочтением некоторого участка памяти и производя например рандомные бинарные операции (рандом для этого находим в другом месте например количество принятых пакетов по сети)
  • Doczom: What you propose is considered unsafe for security purposes, because it is deterministic.