Differences between russian and english distribution.

Share your distros and discuss others'
  • hidnplayr wrote:There are some differences between the distributions.
    Wow, you have just noticed that? :lol: Of course there are! Otherwise, 5 different "data" folders wouldn't have been necessary :wink:
    hidnplayr wrote:Programs that are only in russian distro:
    Programs are only in Russian distro but not in others (English, Spanish, etc.) for 1 (or more) of 3 reasons:
    1) Author has left the project, and there are no sources available
    2) Sources cannot be compiled by current auto-build script
    3) The [already compiled] program has only Russian translation
    hidnplayr wrote:"other/period/trunk/period.asm" (3) - I can translate it if you need, it's periodic table of elements.
    "games/ataka" (1+3) viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1197 (No luck here)
    "games/WHTBAM" (2+3) - I can translate it after someone figures out how to build it using auto-build script, it's a text-only game "Who wants to be a millionaire?"
    "games/padenie" (1+3) viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1190 (No luck here)
    "pipetka" (1+3) viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1450 (No luck here)
    hidnplayr wrote:Programs that are not in russian distro:
    "games/soko/trunk/SOKO.ASM"
    Who knows the reason why the last application is not in the russian distro (game + data take too much space?)
    Indeed, I removed it from Russian distro because the ramdisk was out of space at one point, and this game's EXE+data take too much space which could be used better for other, smaller programs. English distro didn't have this problem because the programs you mentioned above (and one more: KLAVISHA, or more precisely, the resource files of KLAVISHA) are not in the English distro.