translate kolibri

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Dutch version has a translation fault, there is "bestandssystem" while it should be "bestandssystemen" .
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • srx wrote:Leency: as downlaod page has links for different languages it would be better to do same with previous releases page
    Yep. Will be later.
    hidnplayr wrote:Dutch version has a translation fault, there is "bestandssystem" while it should be "bestandssystemen" .
    Fixed.
    godlin wrote:Maybe, it would be better not stop using pop-ups?
    Why not just put national colors in a single line above main menu (without text).
    It would be portable...
    In such way as is goes now it looks better.
    SoUrcerer wrote:Why Dutch verison uses another font?
    O_o
    If it still happens, please show me a screen.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency wrote:
    godlin wrote:Maybe, it would be better not stop using pop-ups?
    Why not just put national colors in a single line above main menu (without text).
    It would be portable...
    In such way as is goes now it looks better.
    Now only 2 languages supported? :)
  • http://kolibri-n.org/kolibri-php/index. ... page=index
    This is the next version, not the last.

1. Language pop-up position fixed by lordok-gr.
    2. Some security fixes by Akylist.
    3. Much more translation. Please, send me rest translations:
    fedesco, menu
    D-Kontroller, downloads and realises page
    esevece, downloads and realises page too
    4. "Wiki" menu item links to appropriate Wiki language page. So from Spanish version of the site you'll go to Spanish wiki page.
    5. Also need banners on Spanish and Italian index pages, that Kolibri available on those languages. May be big banners, as it is on Russian version http://kolibri-n.org/kolibri-php/index. ... page=index
    Have any ideas?
    Из хаоса в космос
  • I don't like the way to change language. It's not intuitive. I think that the best way is that PHP detects the language.
  • esevece wrote:I don't like the way to change language. It's not intuitive. I think that the best way is that PHP detects the language.
    Server detects the language and directs user to right site version. If in browser marked to use Spanish this site will be shown in Spanish, if Italian => in Italian.

CleverMouse cat you tell me how it works on http://kolibrios.org ? I'll try to configure my .htaccess in such way too.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Perfect! Sorry Leency.
  • esevece wrote:Perfect! Sorry Leency.
    No problem :)
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Hi, how are the programs icon and iconmngr in the folder system/new_icon supposed to work?

I've compiled them correctly with fasm, but they do not seem to work in kolibrios...

edit:
    there is also a readme file, could somebody translate it for me? It's in russian, I've translated it with google translate, but it does not make much sense. I don't think its important for the compilation, but who knows...
  • fedesco wrote:Hi, how are the programs icon and iconmngr in the folder system/new_icon supposed to work?

I've compiled them correctly with fasm, but they do not seem to work in kolibrios...
    This is a very old program and do not need it - it creates a separate thread for each icon. The same icon will come out on top of your window when you click on it. Probably it should be removed, so that no longer mislead people.

P.S. I deleted this version in SVN r.3608
    Всем чмоки в этом проекте! Засуньте эти 11 лет себе в жопу!
  • @Mario_r4:
    OK, thank you for your help.

I have a problem with the program kbd, again its an issue with the length of the labels, since "not found" is shorter than "non trovato". In the program only the substring "non trova" is shown.

I've attached the source code and a image, I tried to change some value, but comments are in russian and I was not able to fix the bug.

Thank you in advance
    Attachments
    kbd.ASM (10.98 KiB)
    Downloaded 179 times
    Schermata.png
    Schermata.png (1.95 KiB)
    Viewed 4378 times
  • fedesco wrote: I have a problem with the program kbd, again its an issue with the length of the labels, since "not found" is shorter than "non trovato". In the program only the substring "non trova" is shown.

I've attached the source code and a image, I tried to change some value, but comments are in russian and I was not able to fix the bug.

Thank you in advance
    It seems somebody had fun manually counting the length of all strings and hard-coded them into the source code.
    This should be better.
    Attachments
    kbd.ASM (16.28 KiB)
    Downloaded 181 times
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Would it be possible to use a translation platform like http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Translate or http://transifex.com/ ?
  • Theoretically - yes. But someone should implement support for locale files.