Does kolibri support dual processors?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • hidnplayr
    With big probability works only one CPU. If sharing the commands not marketed on hardware level as, for instance conveyors in CPU.
  • And what exactly should be changed so that kolibri does support more then one processor?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Заметьте : эта тема появляется всё чаще и чаще...
  • hidnplayr
    Are necessary of the driver, which it is necessary still to write, if we plan support at a level of a kernel. At a level of the applications, probably, it is easier for making, but all early in it while nobody is engaged. For the main Kolibri programmers this direction is not priority for today. Not all people have 64 bit processors, and I personally do not have two-kernel processor and in nearest 1.5 - 2 years I do not plan similar upgrade of the computer.
    The previous nesting of money should itself pay back (even at a moral level) before I shall put in the new computer.
  • I dont have a 64 bit machine eather, and dont plan to upgrade to one...
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • ну да, а что говорить про людей у которых 4 ядра?))

yes, and i think it will be interesting for people uses 2-4 core
  • Ghost, raven2004
    This topic is in ENGLISH part of the forum, please don't frighten the tiny non-СНГ community

imho multi-processor support is not in the top of a long list of cool features not supported so far
    Евангелие от Иоанна: стих 1

Code: Select all

; В начале было Слово:
    B32:        mov     ax, os_stack       ; Selector for os
    [/size]
  • okey )) but i doubled my post from russian to eng )