January 4 17:00 UTC | Mentoring organizations can begin submitting applications to Google
January 23 17:00 UTC | Mentoring organization application deadline
January 23 - February 11 | Google program administrators review organization applications
February 12 | List of accepted mentoring organizations published
- I will be one of org admins. Backup admin is required, who wants?
- There is a single Ideas page for new developers, both GSoC students and 'regular' ones. Maintained (ha-ha) year-round.
- Maximum of 2 students this year. We don't manage more.
- Mentors mentor specific tasks, just like last year. Please, mentor only what you are competent to mentor.
- Easy task (completed, with tests and examples, merged to trunk) is better than useful difficult one (half finished as always).
- The more ideas the better. Long detailed descriptions are appreciated.
- Mentor--student conversation is mandatory public, except debug sessions. Chat, IRC, board, etc.
- Daily students' commits to public (git?) repo as a report without writing many words.
- Aim: attract new developers. Not resolve old known issues which old known developers didn't resolve.
Your ideas and time are also welcome.