Google Summer of Code 2016

Events from the world of KolibriOS and its developers
  • Hello. First, choose your programming language (and main task). Then, acquaint with the project, maybe you will find a small task for yourself. If not, we will give you one.
  • I would like to use FASM, but I have not used them yet. I have a small experience in arm assembly at University.
    So I would like to work on "FTP client" project or "QR-code in boot log". These projects require basic level knowledge, so I hope I will be able to do them. The main thing for me is that I want to work on useful project for KolibriOS.
    I will try to find an interesting small task for me:) However If you have some idea I will be happy to do it.

P.S
    Should I use English language? or it will be more convenient to use Russian?
    Thank You.
    Kolibri <3
  • DenisKarpenko wrote:I would like to use FASM, but I have not used them yet. I have a small experience in arm assembly at University.
    So I would like to work on "FTP client" project or "QR-code in boot log". These projects require basic level knowledge, so I hope I will be able to do them. The main thing for me is that I want to work on useful project for KolibriOS.
    I will try to find an interesting small task for me:) However If you have some idea I will be happy to do it.

P.S
    Should I use English language? or it will be more convenient to use Russian?
    Thank You.
    DenisKarpenko wrote:Hi guys!) I would like to participate in GSoC 2016. And I really want to work on your project during the summer! To be honest, I have not a lot of expirience in OS programming. However I am really excited about your project, so I will make all efforts to contribute to your project. Please provide me a small task to check my skills and passion:)
    Hi!
    Welcome to the community.

If you haven't already, please:
    Clone the SVN repository.
    Read the ideas page (and guide at the bottom of the page)
    Compile a program from the examples inside the kolibrios source code and run it on KolibriOS

This should give you a basic idea about how things work.
    Next, try to find a small bug / feature that you think is missing in some application and implement it.
    If you are stuck, you can always ask for help here, forum chat or on IRC.

Enjoy!
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!