Google Summer of Code 2012/2013

Events from the world of KolibriOS and its developers
  • esevece wrote:Great!
    Good luck with the application!
    I have made some improvements to GSoC page on our Wiki, but I consulted with people on #gsoc IRC channel @ FreeNet, and they told me that the page has to be further improved, and that I should do it before the application is submitted, so I have no choice but continue improving it and submit the application tomorrow (this time for real). We still have 2 days till the deadline, so I am confident we'll make it.
  • yogev_ezra wrote:
    esevece wrote:Great!
    Good luck with the application!
    I have made some improvements to GSoC page on our Wiki, but I consulted with people on #gsoc IRC channel @ FreeNet, and they told me that the page has to be further improved, and that I should do it before the application is submitted, so I have no choice but continue improving it and submit the application tomorrow (this time for real). We still have 2 days till the deadline, so I am confident we'll make it.
    What exactly 'needs to be improved' ?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:What exactly 'needs to be improved' ?
    Basically they told me to add more 'meat' to the GSoC wiki page. A good example would be ReactOS wiki: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013 and http://www.reactos.org/wiki/Google_Summ ... 2013_Ideas
    We need to write a paragraph on what will be required from students, as well as describe what is expected in each of our ideas.
  • I have submitted an application finally. I will continue editing and improving it till tomorrow's evening (it's possible to edit the application unlimited number of times after the submission but before the deadline). This way, even if something happens to me or we can't improve the application any further, it's still considered submitted.
  • Great!
  • yogev_ezra wrote:Добавлю тебя в менторы драйверов USB, шрифтов и языков.
    Еще можно в плеер - у меня все же есть minimp3 и легковесные FLAC и OGG.
  • Заявку отклонили - точные причины можно будет узнать 19 Апреля.
  • XVilka wrote:Заявку отклонили - точные причины можно будет узнать 19 Апреля.
    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    Subject: [KolibriOS Project Team] Your organization application has been rejected.

Thank you for submitting "KolibriOS Project Team" organization application to Google Summer of Code 2013. Unfortunately, we were unable to accept your organization's application at this time. Every year we receive many more applications than we are able to accommodate, and we would encourage you to reapply for future instances of the program.

If you would like some general feedback on why your organization was not accepted, please consider attending the IRC meeting in #gsoc on Freenode on Friday, April 19, 2013 at 16:00 UTC.

Best regards,

Google Open Source Programs
  • У меня были большие сомнения, но я молчал. Мы не попадаем в мэинстрим и не представляем интерес для корпорации "Добра".
    Всем чмоки в этом проекте! Засуньте эти 11 лет себе в жопу!
  • В Колибри неважный сетевой стек в транке, потому да, для Google мы пока не очень интересны. Будет больше шансов, когда hidnplayer смержит свои изменения с транком. И надо будет как-то поярче сделать страницу на вики с данным мероприятием.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Mario_r4 wrote:У меня были большие сомнения, но я молчал. Мы не попадаем в мэинстрим и не представляем интерес для корпорации "Добра".
    Это вполне может быть.
    Leency wrote:В Колибри неважный сетевой стек в транке, потому да, для Google мы пока не очень интересны. Будет больше шансов, когда hidnplayer смержит свои изменения с транком.
    Это к делу не относится. Они не запускают, не проверяют и не оценивают проект во время подачи заявки.
    Leency wrote:И надо будет как-то поярче сделать страницу на вики с данным мероприятием.
    А вот это, скорее всего, и есть истинная причина: недостаточно подробная страница на Вики.