"Ночные" сборки KolibriOS

Share your distros and discuss others'
  • TxtRead is replaced by Quark in IMG.
    .txt and .log extensions are now associated with Quark because it can show UTF8 and and has auto-detection of right encoding. Also it supports big and small system font.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • TODO:
    Remove all giflite.inc and pcx unpackers. Use build-in RAW or LIBIMG.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • In r8086 (ha-ha) I fixed a bug that looked like this.
    failed_to_start.png
    failed_to_start.png (5.53 KiB)
    Viewed 9291 times
    The logic in kernel.asm is as follows:
    - If rd_load_from_hd = 1, skip initialization of /rd;
    - If rd_load_from_hd = 1, load it and initialize /rd.

For historical reasons access to rd_load_from_hd variable was sometimes done as rd_load_from_hd+0x10000, which pointed to some kernel code.
    If you are lucky enough, [rd_load_from_hd+0x10000] is actually 1 but there is no ramdisk image on hdd.
    Therefore ramdisk is not initialized and launcher app cannot be started.
  • Starting from r8091 autobuild provides kolibri.raw -- a flash / hdd image (fat32).

I only put there
    - kordldr.f32, kernel.mnt, config.ini and kolibri.img to the root directory and
    - contents of kolibri.img to /kolibrios to allow booting from an IDE drive without a ramdisk.

To boot without /rd edit config.ini and uncomment the following lines:
    - imgfrom=3
    - syspath=/HD0/1/KOLIBRIOS
  • Starting from r8118 kolibri.raw is a hybrid bios/uefi image for flash and hdd.
    64MiB should be enough for everybody.

Flash it with dd or cat on Linux and with rawwrite32 on Windows.
  • dunkaist wrote: rawwrite32 on Windows.
    By the way rawwrite32 under windows supports only *.bin files as unzipped raw image.

Im use rufus for reformat flash.
    Download and use rawwrite32. All writed ok.
    But OS not stareted on my china netbooks. Perhaps they are very whimsical to the boot sector.
    Attachments
    extensions.png
    extensions.png (4.25 KiB)
    Viewed 8951 times
    2004: Kolibri OS - Operating system that fits on a single floppy disk (Система которая умещается на дискете).
    2020: Kolibri OS - Operating system that can only be run under Virtual machine (Система которую можно запустить только на виртуальной машине).
  • Evgeniy wrote:But OS not stareted on my china netbooks. Perhaps they are very whimsical to the boot sector.
    Any details on this? BIOS/UEFI mode, any text messages with [c] option set on the blue screen? Same for this image? Same behavior of any other OS'es / loaders?
    Evgeniy wrote:By the way rawwrite32 under windows supports only *.bin files as unzipped raw image.
    Evgeniy wrote:Download and use rawwrite32. All writed ok.
    Hence rawwrite supports any filename suffixes.
  • dunkaist wrote:
    Evgeniy wrote:But OS not stareted on my china netbooks. Perhaps they are very whimsical to the boot sector.
    Any details on this? BIOS/UEFI mode, any text messages with [c] option set on the blue screen? Same for this image? Same behavior of any other OS'es / loaders?
    I'm post my results here http://board.kolibrios.org/viewtopic.ph ... 270#p75197

Why UEFI is 64 bit? Im found BOOTX64.EFI loader on image. We have 32 bit system and need bootia32.efi loader. If im understand.
    2004: Kolibri OS - Operating system that fits on a single floppy disk (Система которая умещается на дискете).
    2020: Kolibri OS - Operating system that can only be run under Virtual machine (Система которую можно запустить только на виртуальной машине).
  • Evgeniy wrote:Why UEFI is 64 bit?
    64-bit UEFI firmware can start only 64-bit loaders, and it is responsibility of the loader to switch to 32-bit protected mode and then run KolibriOS. Your first laptop seems to have 32-bit UEFI, but there is no 32-bit UEFI loader for KolibriOS currently because such systems are quite rare. Wait a few days to become the first to test it.
  • Thanks. Well Let's try running this.

Can you add simple text output to screen at the beginning initialization uefi. For example "KolibriOS UEFI Loading...".
    To know that the BIOS found the boot loader :!:
    Last edited by Evgeniy on Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • rev 8129
    Сделал изменения в life2 и CD сборка перестала обновляться. Изменил namespace с Menuet на Kolibri, также переименовал подключаемые заголовочные файлы. Все компилиться как и раньше, по идее эти изменения не должны были влиять на сборку.
  • life2 binary is not built on the server, it is copied from /data/common/demos/life2. This is because its compilation is nontrivial.

The easy way: copy updated life2 binary to mentioned /data/common/demos/life2.
    The true way: set up autobuild via Tupfile.lua in /programs/demos/life2/.
  • dunkaist
    But life2 is a first and last program on Borland C++

IgorA
    IgorA wrote:rev 8129
    Сделал изменения в life2 и CD сборка перестала обновляться. Изменил namespace с Menuet на Kolibri, также переименовал подключаемые заголовочные файлы. Все компилиться как и раньше, по идее эти изменения не должны были влиять на сборку.
    Еще надо имена функций menuet -> kolibri (MenuetOnClose-> KolibriOnClose)
    И на вики исправить http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D ... nd_C.2B.2B
    Last edited by maxcodehack on Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • dunkaist wrote:life2 binary is not built on the server, it is copied from /data/common/demos/life2.
    Thanks, did not know about this binaries folder. I thought everything was going to be assembled by car assemblies, I remember that CleverMouse said that in an auto assembly there is a zoo of compilers
    Спасибо, не знал об этой папке с бинарниками. Думал все собирается автосборками, помнится что CleverMouse говорила что в автосборке зоопарк из компиляторов
    :D
    maxcodehack wrote:Еще надо имена функций menuet -> kolibri (MenuetOnClose-> KolibriOnClose)
    И на вики исправить http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D ... nd_C.2B.2B
    There is still a lot of incomprehensible things in the code that I would like to fix ...
    Да, там еще много чего непонятного в коде осталось что хотелось-бы исправить ...
    Компиляция требует FASM версии не выше 1.64:
    By the way, I know how to get around this limitation and compile with modern fasm
    Кстати я знаю как можно обойти это ограничение и компилировать современным fasm-ом
    :P