Atheros L2

Drivers for network cards
  • Atheros/Qualcomm does not publish datasheets for these chips unfortunately.

Only way is to study the code of existing open source drivers.
    As an example for KolibriOS, here is a driver derived mostly from open source 'alx' driver http://websvn.kolibrios.org/filedetails ... m&peg=7809
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:Atheros/Qualcomm does not publish datasheets for these chips unfortunately.
    Yes, but i found some leaked datasheets here https://github.com/Deoptim/atheros
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.
  • I have only AR8171(QCA8171) and AR8131 for which no datasheets are to be found, maybe you are more lucky!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • from atheros i have only ar8131 and ar9285 (wifi)
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.
  • Для карты L2 есть пример в Linux (см. ссылку в начале топика). Я сделал порт на Си, но это порт у меня не работает.
    Есть еще пример в minix https://git.minix3.org/index.cgi?p=mini ... 35;hb=HEAD

Может кто-то помочь сделать работающий драйвер?
  • Coldy wrote:Для карты L2 есть пример в Linux (см. ссылку в начале топика). Я сделал порт на Си, но это порт у меня не работает.
    Есть еще пример в minix https://git.minix3.org/index.cgi?p=mini ... 35;hb=HEAD

Может кто-то помочь сделать работающий драйвер?
    А не пробовал перевести дрова на Assembler? Может и заработает. Hidnplayr должен мог бы этим заняться.
  • denius, от того, что ты переведешь код драйвера на асемблер он все равно не заработает. И проще, и быстрее сделать порт на С, а когда он заработает уже думать об ассемблерной версии.
  • Хочу сказать что дениус в этом не разбирается
  • Coldy: Do I understand correctly that you have a card with PCI ID 1069:2048 ?
  • hidnplayr, no. here info from windows device manager - pci\ven_1969&dev_2048...
  • Coldy wrote:hidnplayr, no. here info from windows device manager - pci\ven_1969&dev_2048...
    It seems I made a typing error :) 1969:2048 it is indeed.
    Anyway, I asked to check if it is possible to add support in AR81XX driver, but it's not so easy for this device, sorry.
  • As far as I know, the L2 chip is from Attansic, this is the company acquired by Atheros. So L2 is no Atheros chip, for him need his native driver.
  • Yes, Attansic seems to have been bought by Atheros which seems to have been bought by Qualcomm.
    But I don't care about the brand name when making a driver, more about the architecture of the chip ;)

Anyway, it seems architecturally different enough to put in a separate driver.
  • hidnplayr wrote:Yes, Attansic seems to have been bought by Atheros which seems to have been bought by Qualcomm.
    Yes, giant devours small :)
    hidnplayr wrote:Anyway, it seems architecturally different enough to put in a separate driver.
    Do you currently/or planning to develop driver for this NIC? As I wrote above I have try do port in C from Linux driver, but it not works. With current my driver state, NIC transmit DHCP packets (this logging my router), but no answer from DHCP server, I get packets for another PC instead. I not solved of this problem, in the end I abandoned this development.