Поддержка CMedia 8738

Drivers for sound cards
  • I got an intel with cmedia, both on mbrd and a cmedia card installed, is cmedia covered by drivers?
  • GMac wrote:I got an intel with cmedia, both on mbrd and a cmedia card installed, is cmedia covered by drivers?
    Please post pcidev.txt of both computers. CMEDIA usually make audio cards that work via USB interface. If your card is USB, then it won't work, because USB audio is currently not supported. But if it's PCI / PCIe, then it's possible to make it work.
  • cmi8738 sounds promising, any progress on a driver for?, I've both internal and external of that chipset in my intel 2.0gb celeron, but neither works in kolibri. Either the latest svn or the nightly build I've been hacking away at. pe2kos & exe2kos, can I port my code for org100 realmode using either of these utilities?
    Into the shell I mean, I've not seen a drop to realmode function in syscalls.txt
    and it's a bummer to have to re-learn a different assembler than the one I
    usually use. I read of the developer using masm somewhere on this forum, and wondered if I could use my usual compiler [bascom20/Turbobasic & or magic.exe (asm112.zip)] and pe2kex, or cross-compile to kos with a tool, as he or she does with masmcode, but I'm not sure of how. I tried both said utilities with some win basic .exes, but lucked out miserably. How do I use these utilities to get a decent version of basic into Koli? Tinybasic is antiquated and horrible to use. I'm thinking QB64, tb, pb, bec, apb16 or even basm or bapc or something along those lines, if you are aware of those dialects. By the way, google translate often translates russian to unreadable english, syntaxually and gramatically, wrong words in sentences etc, I only hope my english translates to your tongues correctly.
    Can shell console run scripts? that one might compile to code ah la bat2com.exe does in dos-batch environment?. Am using dosbox and my code works there as it should, but dosbox is an emu, not realmode, and not kolibri either, if you understand my drift. I'll dump up pcidrv.txt for my cmi8738 box,
    it runs both onboard and card version together, as my recording software recognises multiple cards [cooledit pro]. I've 15 or so different isa sound cards, but finding an isa-bus box in nz is extremely difficult, as they've not been sold for 10 years or more. I have one box, a p3 intel, 3 x pci slots and 1 x isa, but I need a psu, as this blew up, and it's not a psu of todays standards, more like the device you'd get with a 486, and same dilemma as above applies. I wrote a tapedrive driver, but as above, wrong mode for kolibri. Am on cmi site downloading datasheets as I write this to you.
  • Sadly we have no cmi8738 driver yet (nobody even started to work on it - hidnplayr merely listed the audio cards he has in his possession). Unfortunately this is not very common audio chip (Realtek and VIA are much more common for example), so it's unlikely to have high priority in writing a driver.

Yes, shell console can run scripts, but if you have questions about shell, it's better to ask them in topic dedicated to shell: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1111

Regarding other part of your message - it's really difficult to answer you because you write in the same message about completely unrelated things. Please try to write in each topic only about things related to that topic - it will highly increase your chance of getting a good reply.
  • The card is in the PCI slot. The chip on the board, I've no idea what bus it is on.
  • GMac wrote:The card is in the PCI slot. The chip on the board, I've no idea what bus it is on.
    Just attach the pcidev.txt file.
  • Хотелось бы чтобы реализовали драйвер с поддержкой звуковых карт на базе очень популярного, крайне дешевого и хорошего чипа - Cmedia CMI8738.
    Единственный OpenSource драйвер, который я нашел был
    https://code.google.com/p/cmediadrivers/
    Но качество его оставляет желать лучшего по сравнению с оригинальной версией 2002го года.
  • Просьба загрузить последнюю автосборку, запустить приложение BOARD, потом AC97SND и попробовать проиграть какой-нибудь MP3 файл. Потом запустить приложение PCIDEV и сохранить список устройств в файл нажатием кнопки S (Save). Потом выложить в этой теме 2 получившихся файла: boardlog.txt + pcidev.txt
  • I am willing to donate such a card to anyone who promises to write the driver.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Вот мои логи подгружены
    Here are my logs from uploaded
    http://vk.com/doc19599501_249281911

как и описывал. запускал BOARD, AC97SND, пытался проиграть Mp3
    Запускал PCIDEV, сохранил файлы
    boardlog.txt + pcidev.txt
  • Corak wrote:Вот мои логи подгружены
    как и описывал. запускал BOARD, AC97SND, пытался проиграть Mp3
    Запускал PCIDEV, сохранил файлы
    boardlog.txt + pcidev.txt
    Спасибо большое! Теперь хоть понятно, как эта карта в Колибри выглядит, - есть с чего начать. Только я ВКонтакту не очень доверяю в плане сохранности аттачей, поэтому прилагаю копию здесь на форуме.
    Attachments
    Downloaded 443 times
  • is the cmi8738 supported under kolibrios? i noticed that it shows as an unknown audio device. i had some issues with my sound blaster not being supported under an other os (as well as some bad feedback) i have running on my system so i switched over to this card as i was able to find some drivers that would work. as of now i only seem to have audio via the on board system speaker for midi files (of which most i have tried need a higher quality audio output). anyway i do apologize if this was answered elsewhere on the board.
  • thenihilist79 wrote:anyway i do apologize if this was answered elsewhere on the board.
    I have moved your question to appropriate topic.
    thenihilist79 wrote:is the cmi8738 supported under kolibrios? i noticed that it shows as an unknown audio device.
    Unfortunately this card is not supported (yet).