Sound service to automatically load correct driver.

Drivers for sound cards
  • Afaik, now Infinity try to load "sound.obj", then few other drivers. Anyway, well done!
  • It's great! But we now also have "Intel HDA" driver :wink:
    And I think Serge changed something in kernel regarding order of loading of sound drivers (as SoUrcerer wrote).
  • Ok, added intel_hda devices to the list.
    Can somebody point me to the mentioned new functionality?
    I could not find such a thing in current sound.asm or infinity.asm.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • LOL it was hard to find because it was only mentioned in chat log from 2012-03-12:
    KolibriBot « Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 pm » New SVN revision #2454 by Serge in /kernel/trunk: try to load HDA driver, as requested
  • Thanks Yogev_ezra.

That only tries to load intel_hda.obj if sound.obj fails to load (detect a card).
    I think it's not correct to do this in kernel.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • According to the log and to the diff, Serge has only changed a driver name from "sis" to "sound_hda"; the original author is diamond.
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • Clevermouse: thanks for explaining, my russian is still not that good yet :)

So, anybody objects to remove this nonsense and add my piece of art?
  • hidnplayr wrote:So, anybody objects to remove this nonsense and add my piece of art?
    I am all with you - I think the only reason the old code existed is because nobody has written such service util until now 8)
  • Realized in revision 3171
  • Works fine on my PC. Good job!
    Из хаоса в космос