Will KolibriOS work on a 32-bit Asus EeePC 900?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • It seems you have to try yourself :wink: .
    Do you need help with booting KolibriOS?
  • I tried the CD .iso and it did not work (BalenaEtcher gave an error message that the .iso had no boot sector and might not work). I do not know if a floppy image will burn to an SD card properly.
  • Luposian wrote:I do not know if a floppy image will burn to an SD card properly.
    It will burn but not work.

Try this image. It is prepared according to instructions in /programs/hd_load/usb_boot directory.
  • dunkaist wrote:
    Luposian wrote:I do not know if a floppy image will burn to an SD card properly.

Try this image. It is prepared according to instructions in /programs/hd_load/usb_boot directory.
    It worked perfectly! However, upon booting it, I discovered, it can't use the WiFi. Is there a web browser for it that will work on today's websites? If I could use the WiFi and be able to browse websites, I'd use it like crazy! Any hope?
  • Luposian wrote:
    dunkaist wrote:
    Luposian wrote:I do not know if a floppy image will burn to an SD card properly.

It worked perfectly! However, upon booting it, I discovered, it can't use the WiFi. Is there a web browser for it that will work on today's websites? If I could use the WiFi and be able to browse websites, I'd use it like crazy! Any hope?
    well i don't wifi is supported now there is only support for ethernet from my knowledge
    Try to get the most out of it
  • INTFORTS wrote:
    Luposian wrote:
    dunkaist wrote:It will burn but not work.

well i don't wifi is supported now there is only support for ethernet from my knowledge
    Ethernet is ok, if I have to. What about web browsers?
  • Luposian wrote:
    INTFORTS wrote:
    Luposian wrote:
    Ethernet is ok, if I have to. What about web browsers?

well there is a web browser a text one you could find it in kolibri itself. for gui based browser there is netsurf but i could'nt get it to work you can download it through the netsurf icon to try it yourself
    Try to get the most out of it