connectivity to internet

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • lucky wrote:can this OS connect to the network using some device like modem

Currently KolibriOS can connect to the internet only via LAN (ethernet) port. Other connection types (WiFi, GPRS, 3G etc.) are not supported. The LAN port has to be connected to router - it can't be connected directly to modem (because the router has to setup the ADSL/Cable connection).
  • what is the web browser I use to get on the internet?
  • Rick1971 wrote:what is the web browser I use to get on the internet?
    Sorry for the delay. Right now, KolibriOS has just text-only Web browser, called HTMLv. You can start it from Menu-> Network -> Client -> Text-based browser.
  • I have an IBM Thinkpad 360E (Pentium II /256MB RAM). Kolibri OS loads and runs quite well on it. However the lan connection via cardbus (Texas Instruments), is not recognised. So I cannot get on the web. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
  • h.godavari wrote:I have an IBM Thinkpad 360E (Pentium II /256MB RAM). Kolibri OS loads and runs quite well on it. However the lan connection via cardbus (Texas Instruments), is not recognised. So I cannot get on the web. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
    Hi! Sorry, but cardbus is not supported. Only LAN.
    See http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Hardware ... t/#Network
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Any chance of support in the near future ?
  • h.godavari wrote:Any chance of support in the near future ?
    Nope very sorry, we are a small project and can not provide the support of such rare and outdated hardware considering the point that such support is rather complex.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • h.godavari wrote:I have an IBM Thinkpad 360E (Pentium II /256MB RAM). Kolibri OS loads and runs quite well on it. However the lan connection via cardbus (Texas Instruments), is not recognised. So I cannot get on the web. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
    Hello and welcome,

I did some tests on a similar system some years ago, but couldn't get the cardbus properly initialized..
    Maybe if you're lucky, it works on your hardware however.. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2513

What LAN card do you have?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Leency wrote:
    h.godavari wrote:Any chance of support in the near future ?
    Nope very sorry, we are a small project and can not provide the support of such rare and outdated hardware considering the point that such support is rather complex.
    Thanks. It was a nice dream but reality is reality.
    regards
    h.godavari
  • h.godavari
    I was a bit too fast, please check the hidnplayr's solution.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency wrote:
    h.godavari wrote:Any chance of support in the near future ?
    Hello:
    the cardbus (fast ethernet pc card) was made by OVISLINK (Model: LFS-PCM-32DF). Ovislink provides two drivers for Linux, one for each of kernals 2.2 & 2.4 at this location:

https://contents.driverguide.com/conten ... README.TXT
    Can either one of these be used with (or adapted to) Kolibri OS? Thanks for your consideration.
  • According to that documentation, your card is based on RTL8139 chip.
    If we can get the cardbus bridge wording, I see no problem to get this network card working with existing RTL8139 driver for kolibrios.

BR,
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:According to that documentation, your card is based on RTL8139 chip.
    If we can get the cardbus bridge wording, I see no problem to get this network card working with existing RTL8139 driver for kolibrios.

BR,
    What do I need to do, to get the cardbus bridge working?
  • h.godavari wrote:What do I need to do, to get the cardbus bridge working?
    For starters, this driver needs further development:
    http://websvn.kolibrios.org/filedetails ... 8&peg=8038

But I don't know if that's something up your alley :)

BR,