Board.KolibriOS.org

Official KolibriOS board
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:44 pm

All times are UTC+03:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 9:21 pm
Posts: 97
A USB optical mouse, connected to my HP pavillion g6 laptop does not work in KolibriOS.
It looks as if it does'nt get power (the red light does not come up).
The touchpad works fine, and a wireless usb mouse also works fine in Kolibri.
The mouse works fine under windows. I tried several mouses.
The mouse starts to work when I unplug and replug it once or twice.
Can this problem be fixed?

_________________
Greetings from Seppe


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:44 am 
Offline
Public Relations
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 1879
seppe wrote:
A USB optical mouse, connected to my HP pavillion g6 laptop does not work in KolibriOS.
It looks as if it does'nt get power (the red light does not come up).
The touchpad works fine, and a wireless usb mouse also works fine in Kolibri.
The mouse works fine under windows. I tried several mouses.
The mouse starts to work when I unplug and replug it once or twice.
Can this problem be fixed?

I moved your post to the correct topic. Please start BOARD application after booting KolibriOS, and attach boardlog.txt before unplugging your mouse (when it does not work), and another boardlog.txt after unplugging and replugging it back (when it does work). I am sure that CleverMouse will find a solution (unless the mouse itself is defective).


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 9:21 pm
Posts: 97
seppe wrote:
A USB optical mouse, connected to my HP pavillion g6 laptop does not work in KolibriOS.
yogev_ezra wrote:
Please start BOARD application after booting KolibriOS, and attach boardlog.txt before unplugging your mouse (when it does not work), and another boardlog.txt after unplugging and replugging it back (when it does work). I am sure that CleverMouse will find a solution (unless the mouse itself is defective).

Please find both boardlogs:
Attachment:
Boardlog1.txt [5.99 KiB]
Downloaded 168 times
Attachment:
Boardlog2.txt [849 Bytes]
Downloaded 160 times

_________________
Greetings from Seppe


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:34 pm 
Offline
Kernel Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 1620
It seems that an USB keyboard is connected to the same controller. Try to boot with plugged mouse and without keyboard; will the mouse work?

_________________
Сделаем мир лучше!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 9:21 pm
Posts: 97
CleverMouse wrote:
It seems that an USB keyboard is connected to the same controller. Try to boot with plugged mouse and without keyboard; will the mouse work?

Indeed, the mouse works with disconnected keyboard.
This is a problem on a laptop or cpu-board with only 2 usb connectors. :(
Can this shortcomming be fixed?

_________________
Greetings from Seppe


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:17 pm 
Offline
Kernel Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 1620
seppe, replace ohci.sys in the image with the attached file, boot with both mouse and keyboard plugged in and attach boardlog.txt here.


Attachments:
ohci.sys [2.98 KiB]
Downloaded 162 times

_________________
Сделаем мир лучше!
Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 9:21 pm
Posts: 97
CleverMouse wrote:
seppe, replace ohci.sys in the image with the attached file, boot with both mouse and keyboard plugged in and attach boardlog.txt here.

Here it is. (mouse not working).


Attachments:
BOARDLOG.TXT [6.66 KiB]
Downloaded 151 times

_________________
Greetings from Seppe
Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:31 am 
Offline
Kernel Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 1620
Another test.


Attachments:
ohci.sys [3.01 KiB]
Downloaded 165 times

_________________
Сделаем мир лучше!
Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 9:21 pm
Posts: 97
CleverMouse wrote:
Another test.

Here is another test result. Same problem.


Attachments:
BOARDLOG.TXT [6.31 KiB]
Downloaded 146 times

_________________
Greetings from Seppe
Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 39
Sometimes maker/model no. HP Pavilion g6-??????, FCC ID:number found
on underside of device may be helpful whilst researching device, if there
has been a history of faults.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 9:21 pm
Posts: 97
buyerninety wrote:
Sometimes maker/model no. HP Pavilion g6-??????, FCC ID:number found
on underside of device may be helpful whilst researching device, if there
has been a history of faults.

HP portatil G6-1104SS modelo: 4749904.
The mouse works perfect under win7.

_________________
Greetings from Seppe


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 39
Beg pardon, for FCC ID: meant to refer to underside mouse... incidently,
maker/model seen there also?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 pm 
Offline
Public Relations
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 1879
buyerninety wrote:
Beg pardon, for FCC ID: meant to refer to underside mouse... incidently,
maker/model seen there also?
It's not needed - looks like the problem is with OHCI driver in KolibriOS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 9:21 pm
Posts: 97
buyerninety wrote:
Beg pardon, for FCC ID: meant to refer to underside mouse... incidently,
maker/model seen there also?

I tried these USB mouses: (they all work with win7 or win8)
Logitech LZ141HU
3D Optical mouse GUSON
3D Optical mouse Eidolon

_________________
Greetings from Seppe


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:03 pm 
Offline
Kernel Developer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:52 pm
Posts: 1620
r5246 fixes the problem.

_________________
Сделаем мир лучше!


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next

All times are UTC+03:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited