Need help installing.

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Did you check whether the download is not corupted? Perhaps try the freedos bootdisc and if it also not boots it might be a drive failure. By the way did you see my video about how to install freedos 1.2 and kolibri os alongside? I would love to get some feedback!
  • A Cylon wrote:Hello,

I'm trying to install KolibriOS 0.7.7.0 on a IBM 380XD with 98MB mem, 233MHz cpu, 20GB hdd at 800x600 res.

I boot up from the floppy image and it says "Loading diskette:" after it reaches 90% it stops and reboots and does it again and again.

Any thoughts?
    Hi,

I don't think it's a bad floppy problem, but if you have another please try one.
    Try enabling option c to get debug output on the screen and/or disabling option d to see if that stops the system from rebooting.
    You could also try some other video modes, which ones are listed?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • I wrote another floppy with no success.

I tried enabling option c and disabling d with no success.

I also tried other video modes.

The video modes listed are..

320x200 EGA/CGA 256 colors
    640x480 VGA 16 colors
    0640x0480@16 SVGA VESA
    0640x0480@24 SVGA VESA
    0800x0600@16 SVGA VESA
    0800x0600@24 SVGA VESA
    1024x0768@16 SVGA VESA

I was able to boot up to freedos with success.

baggacfreak, can I get the link to watch the video?
  • I did 2 videos about my test so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdSn8qZUhAY It shows how to install freedos 1.2 on a virtual box vm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH0pMANR5ZU It shows that you can than use fdimples to install syslinux configurate the syslinux.cfg to boot from the kolibri.img (I copied it from the iso from kolibrios) and after that choose the kolibri img file instead of booting the freedos img file. Feel free to ask for more help. By the way booting directly from floppy is slower anyhow.
  • A Cylon wrote:I wrote another floppy with no success.

I tried enabling option c and disabling d with no success.

I also tried other video modes.

The video modes listed are..

320x200 EGA/CGA 256 colors
    640x480 VGA 16 colors
    0640x0480@16 SVGA VESA
    0640x0480@24 SVGA VESA
    0800x0600@16 SVGA VESA
    0800x0600@24 SVGA VESA
    1024x0768@16 SVGA VESA

I was able to boot up to freedos with success.

baggacfreak, can I get the link to watch the video?
    It sounds pretty bad in my eyes, does this device have a serial port? If you have another computer and null modem serial cable, it can be used to extract debug information
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Is that your notebook:
    http://baber.com/used/used_laptops/ibmt ... xd-233.htm

Is the floppy inside? I though with external drives it sometimes does not work. Perhaps you have to check the bios for strange settings, too.