Why i will not use Kolibri

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • I suspect that you use too old Kolibri distro. What is SVN revision of KolibriOS that you use (you can find it on the blue boot screen)? Also could it be that you have only USB 3.0 controllers?
  • Perhaps you can give us a decent bug report instead of just complaining.

Clearly you want to help us, otherwise you would not have registered to make this post.
    Tell us more about your hardware. The make and type of motherboard for example.
    What version of KolibriOS did you test, latest build? (http://builds.kolibrios.org)
    Where did you boot from? (USB/CD/floppy/grub/...)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • USB key, 4GB FAT32
    MB: ECS 761GX-M754 with nothing out of the ordinary for a mb. It's a 2005ish mb.
    mb uses USB 2.0
    Did the USB_Boot/inst.exe, copied the kolibri.img on it
    with http://builds.kolibrios.org/eng/latest-distr.7z

It boots, loads, gets into the OS, but no mouse/keyboard (both usb).

BIOS option for legacy usb was called "USB function for DOS" (without which it cannot boot usb at all).
  • Do you have any PS/2 keyboard or mouse? Just to get some logs.
  • None
  • You can still run applications with autorun and shell scripts. What file systems are on you HD?
    What is your primary OS?
  • Hi Janssen,

There is a possibility that a problem with the Ethernet driver is the cause of all problems.
    (I test drivers on as many hardware as I can get my hands on, but it's impossible to test on all existing hardware..)
    Therefore, I have disabled all Ethernet drivers in this test image.

If you can please test with this image and report back.

EDIT: Also, I believe some older BIOSES dont handle the USB handover correctly, try disconnecting and re-connecting the devices after KolibriOS has booted. Ideally, you should disable this 'USB legacy' stuff in BIOS AFAIK.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • FAILED: disconnecting/reconnecting USB devices when in OS
    FAILED: using ether image

However i did find a PS/2 keyboard and that did work.
  • hidnplayr wrote:EDIT: Also, I believe some older BIOSES dont handle the USB handover
    I'd tend to agree but if Windows OS (or any OS) picks up USB just fine, then this should work too.
  • Okay, then only Clevermouse can give you further assistance, I expect her to chime in soon.
  • I'm tempted to leave it at that. Could be a bad bios loader. Like, i tried installing MS-DOS and it says it couldn't find command.com even if it was on it, like it messed up the drive letter.
  • Installed to HD and it works.

You can delete this thread.