To Surf in Internet : Browser ????

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • There are two browsers in development for KolibriOS.

One is distributed with the OS itself and called 'WebView', you should find an icon on the desktop. It is however, a very simplistic text-based browser.

The second is much more powerfull and more what you might expect of a 'real' browser. It's called netsurf.
    Forum thread about netsurf: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2315
    Latest binary: download/file.php?id=6356
    Resources needed by netsurf binary: download/file.php?id=6100
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Ok thank you for help me i tryed to open webview but doesn't work impossible to surf i think that have problem to connect it no easy to set the internet line ..today try again in the way that you explaned
    thanks for your support
  • Okay, how are you trying to connect to the internet?
    You must use a wired (Ethernet) connection, wireless isn't supported yet.

If you are using ethernet and it still doesnt work, please tell me what ethernet adapter you have (you can check in netcfg program).
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Today I I want to explain better i mounted kolibri from live cd : my ethernet line is connected to a tp-link adapter on the top in the roof to cover the long line to take internet line at home (wi-fi ) and it's linked to ethernet in the pc my pc it's older 900 mhz 1 gb di memory ram 90 hard disk but i have problem to configure internet network and to set ip address , in second time i'd like to get a good browser web to surf ........
    this Kolibri could be a good thing but i need to understand better ...

thanks for all support Filippo from Italy

this isn the adapter where it's linked my pc
    AMAZON
    TP-Link TL-WA7210N Outdoor High Power Wireless Access Point, 2.4 GHz, 150 Mbps, Bianco
  • To set IP settings manually, edit /sys/settings/network.ini
  • hidnplayr wrote:To set IP settings manually, edit /sys/settings/network.ini

i tryed in differnts ways but it not easy to find the way to instal kolibry in the Hard Disk .. there is a way ??