video converter?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Instead of writing it from scratch, maybe porting ffmpeg (already an extremely matured tool) is a good possibility. It is known to work with a lot of formats , plus I've seen a lot of GUI wrappers written for it, which also means that we could add a GUI if we so desire later.
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!
  • Serge is already using FFmpeg in the video player Fplay (just for playing videos though).
  • That seems even better. Since FPLAY already uses that, sounds like the basic functionality works well in KolibriOS right now. Seems like all that is needed now is to extend it.
    ---
  • ashmew2 wrote:That seems even better. Since FPLAY already uses that, sounds like the basic functionality works well in KolibriOS right now. Seems like all that is needed now is to extend it.
    What are you waiting for? :lol:
  • ashmew2 wrote:That seems even better. Since FPLAY already uses that, sounds like the basic functionality works well in KolibriOS right now. Seems like all that is needed now is to extend it.
    That would be a cool app to run 24/7!
  • yogev_ezra wrote:What are you waiting for? :lol:
    I think I'll get done with some work first that you guys assigned me like Netsurf and then look at this :P :lol:
    But this really looks interesting!
    ---
  • Netsurf first thats right and than the world ;-)
  • That's the plan . Hopefully soon :)
    ---
  • Is there any progress for ffmpeg and kolibrios? I am working on a batch script which takes pictures and text files and with the use off ffmpeg converts it to a need slideshowvideo for youtube. It would be great to get something like this to run within kolibri os!