kolibrios within qemu with hdd image crashes with latest img

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • baggacfreak wrote:I formated the disc with freedos 100M Fat16. Without the disc it works fine.
    Probably a problem in the formatter, which FeeDOS. I use Win98 floppy and no problems.
    What booting stage is the crash?
    Всем чмоки в этом проекте! Засуньте эти 11 лет себе в жопу!
  • What version of QEMU?
    Can you post a copy of your FAT16 image?

When does it 'crash' ?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Mario_r4 wrote: I use Win98 floppy and no problems.
    You use fat32 instead of fat16, no?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:You use fat32 instead of fat16, no?
    MS FDISK shall divide between 511-512 MB (IMMSMC)
  • I used qemu built for windows 1.6.0 and will zip and post the c image tomorrow. Its on my other notebook.

It crashes sometimes on boot but most times when I open the explorer and try to access it.
  • This is the c.img I used. Nothing on it, but freedos said formated. I will test fat32 and other formater later on.
    Attachments
    c.zip (120.82 KiB)
    Downloaded 221 times
  • I tried a dos622 disc and formated the img file, but no change. Will test win xp tomorrow.
  • baggacfreak
    Probably this is the problem your version of Qemu. I used an image that you have uploaded to Qemu 0.12.2 (host system W7 Home Premium 64-bit) and it works without problems. I copied the files and they are read without errors.
  • Hi,

mine came from here:

http://lassauge.free.fr/qemu/
  • baggacfreak
    I checked with the newer version Qemu 1.5.1 (which I had) and it's definitely there have problems with new versions of Qemu. I do not use them because the guest system does not correspond to the actual size of window (it can be corrected only by pressing Ctrl + Alt + U - but I do not think this decision is normal way out of the situation). Now I see that they (the developers) have change something with work the hard disk images. For these reasons, I prefer to use the old and reliable version of Qemu 0.12.2
  • Hi,

I tested it with a 1.5.1 version and now it works. Sadly enough the newest version does seem to have a fault here. But now it is easy to use and all I have to test now is how to get internet and the c.img mounted on win to transfer files on and off it.

Thanks for the help!
  • baggacfreak wrote:Hi,

I tested it with a 1.5.1 version and now it works. Sadly enough the newest version does seem to have a fault here. But now it is easy to use and all I have to test now is how to get internet and the c.img mounted on win to transfer files on and off it.

Thanks for the help!
    Qemu has the option to mount a folder of the host os as a virtual FAT32 drive.
    http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-doc. ... 005fimages
  • hidnplayr wrote:Qemu has the option to mount a folder of the host os as a virtual FAT32 drive.
    This works well for reading, but when writing files get corrupted.
  • Hi,

to transfer files to the c.img it would help, but I prefer a way to read and write.

ThXs anyway!