KolibriOS in eBox BIOS / 86Duino

Using Kolibri in embedded systems
  • Second part:
    Anthony Lu wrote:Yogev,
    tomorrow I will find time, install 0.770 Floppy image to SPI via free DOS first.
    yogev_ezra wrote:Hi, but don't use 0770, it's very old from 4 years ago. Install the latest night build which is called 0770+: http://builds.kolibrios.org/eng/latest-img.7z

And if you have any question, please write me so I can help you with everything ASAP.
    Latest night build supports USB, RDC R6040 network, HDA Audio etc. - version 0770 doesn't support any of those.
    Anthony Lu wrote:what 4 years ? oh,, I saw it
    well, just the IMG
    how to install, if I just boot from free dos as A:
    and I put IMG on USB as C:
    yogev_ezra wrote:If you want to install KolibriOS on disk with FreeDOS, then the easiest way is to use GRUB4DOS.
    Here is a link to example configuration file, but you will need to change it according to your actual disk configuration: download/file.php?id=4837

A: is the internal SPI flash disk? I wonder how GRUB4DOS sees it, as (hd0,0) or as something else. If (hd0,0) doesn't work, you can try to replace
    map (hd0,0)/kolibri.img (fd0)
    with 2 lines:
    find --set-root /kolibri.img
    map --mem /kolibri.img (fd0)
    Anthony Lu wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGVuwE9nw2s

short test, but use external SPI Flash, will try install to internal SPI, we need to do some modification for internal SPI, will update you later, and one 1 question is the network is working ? cuz I can see the MAC add and ipv4 infromation, but can not ping out... any config I need to change ?

I use rawrite to install but stop at track 4x.. see the photo, the Internal SPI have 1,558K, use external is working but can not work from Internal SPI
    Spoiler:
    1493097_10202147160373442_1206865567_n.jpg
    1493097_10202147160373442_1206865567_n.jpg (109.74 KiB)
    Viewed 18310 times
    1543608_10202147161333466_839109343_n.jpg
    1543608_10202147161333466_839109343_n.jpg (141.54 KiB)
    Viewed 18310 times
    yogev_ezra wrote:Hi Anthony. The network card R6040 should be working, I have eBox-3310MX for testing, and my colleagues have eBox-3300MX and eBox-3300-L2 . I manage to use text-based browser in KolibriOS to browse the internet. Maybe you have problem receiving DHCP configuration, it can happen sometimes.

Regarding RAWRITE tool, I have no idea. Maybe it cannot work with non-standard floppy size. I wonder if you can try installing FreeDOS and then using GRUB4DOS to start KolibriOS from FreeDOS. Anyway, I am not very technical person, I deal more with public relations and promoting KolibriOS. We have a developers forum where all developers hang out, and they are much more experienced than me. So I have copied our Facebook correspondence to the developers forum, and asked the developers to help: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2555

If you please can register to that forum and post your progress there, then all developers can help you and it would happen much faster.
  • Anthony Lu wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGVuwE9nw2s

short test, but use external SPI Flash, will try install to internal SPI, we need to do some modification for internal SPI, will update you later, and one 1 question is the network is working ? cuz I can see the MAC add and ipv4 infromation, but can not ping out... any config I need to change ?
    Well, Is the IPv4 address on the R6040 interface 0.0.0.0 ?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Thanks for the news!

This sounds great!
  • I can get the IP from DHCP
    Spoiler:
    LAN setting
    2014-1-10 下午 05-32-21.png (869.22 KiB)
    LAN setting Viewed 18272 times
  • lucrecelu wrote:I can get the IP from DHCP
    Ok, that's a good start, and what happens when trying to ping?
    Does DNS work? (or did you enter an IP address?)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • can not ping out... even gateway... :shock:
    Spoiler:
    1.png
    1.png (725.6 KiB)
    Viewed 18270 times
  • lucrecelu wrote:can not ping out... even gateway... :shock:
    Ok, interesting, I'll try to replicate the scenario on an eBox to see if it's related to your IP settings.
    For quickest solution, I would need to see the traffic on the ethernet, it can be captured using wireshark on another computer.
  • It seems the R6040 ethernet driver has problems receiving the ARP response sometimes.

I'll try to figure out how to get it working...
  • I changed 3 different type board, got same problem.
  • Rawrite2 incorrectly determines drive geometry.
    Try http://ftp.kolibrios.org/users/CleverMo ... write2.exe with http://ftp.kolibrios.org/users/CleverMo ... olibri.img , these are quickly hacked based on latest autobuild.
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • lucrecelu wrote:I changed 3 different type board, got same problem.
    There was an error in R6040 driver, please try nightbuild #4439 or later.
    http://builds.kolibrios.org/eng/latest-img.7z
  • 1. Tried with #4439 IMG, via old RAWRITE2, can see received package but still can not ping out
    2. Tried CleverMouse provide Rawrite2 write #4439 IMG got Faile,write to Trk 44 then done. (Got Kernel MMT ?)
    3. with hackbased build, is working... with Russian UI .. lol, but same issue can not ping out
    Attachments
    4437-1.png
    4437-1.png (643.89 KiB)
    Viewed 18130 times
    4437.png
    4437.png (501.24 KiB)
    Viewed 18130 times
  • lucrecelu wrote:1. Tried with #4439 IMG, via old RAWRITE2, can see received package but still can not ping out .
    I'll need more information..

In the link you'll find a version of KolibriOS with extended debug information for R6040 driver.
    Please boot this version, open the program named 'debug board', try pinging and post boardlog.txt here.
    boardlog.txt will be generated by debug board program in /RD/1/ folder, you can copy it to USB or harddrive using one of the file managers.

http://ftp.kolibrios.org/users/hidnplay ... 0_debug.7z

PS: it's also possible to redirect the debug information to the RS232 com port, if that's more convenient...
  • lucrecelu wrote:2. Tried CleverMouse provide Rawrite2 write #4439 IMG got Faile,write to Trk 44 then done. (Got Kernel MMT ?)
    This is expected. The nightbuild as is can not find KERNEL.MNT. This is why I have provided a patched image.
    lucrecelu wrote:3. with hackbased build, is working... with Russian UI .. lol, but same issue can not ping out
    Then, I assume, the problem with booting from ROM is solved.
    Сделаем мир лучше!