Source tree rearrange via svnmucc

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Can you explained for such stupid people like me - why do it?

Of the proposed I saw only one advantage - reduce the size of the downloaded parts of the repository.
    However, I prefer to have the entire repository.
    Всем чмоки в этом проекте! Засуньте эти 11 лет себе в жопу!
  • Mario_r4 wrote:Of the proposed I saw only one advantage - reduce the size of the downloaded parts of the repository.
    I see these advantages:
    • This will normalize project management view to Kolibri OS. The project is not only kernel, as well as programs and other stuff are not just somebody's personal initiative (самодеятельность). All appropriate project data can be available to tagging as single tree (within release operations).
    • Normal, pretty-looking tree will be more familar to professional developers. It will simplify learning and contributing in "weekend project" mode.
    • Pro-style tree will be best practice for hobby developers, it will also improve their SVN user experience.
    • New tree will simplify navigation between directories.
    Here is svnmucc script update (commouse removed): mucc-update.7z (4 KB).
    Mario_r4 wrote:However, I prefer to have the entire repository.
    I can't prohibit it. :)

Also, as I thought since the topic start, putting 'contrib' directly to the root maybe not a good idea. Perhaps trunk may look like this:

Code: Select all

/trunk/autobuild
    /trunk/contrib
    /trunk/outdated

Here 'autobuild' is previously proposed 'trunk', 'contrib' is 'contrib' and 'outdated' is '/tags/outdated'.
  • Dont forget to make a separate directory for libraries :)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr
    Have you seen this repo?