The new network stack

KoOS network development
  • I used ebx in kernel instead of bl, like for the rest of the functions. It was illogical so I fixed it.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Now function returns 1 if there is no device and 2 if one.
    Clarify, please, is this behaviour OK?
    Attachments
    2.png
    2.png (39.16 KiB)
    Viewed 10465 times
    1.png
    1.png (53.75 KiB)
    Viewed 10465 times
    Из хаоса в космос
  • To view the status of the stack, please look at netstat program instead ;)
    You'll notice that there is always a loopback device when stack is active. It is counted as one device.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:To view the status of the stack, please look at netstat program instead ;)
    Using netstat program is clear. But I need to check network card status for some programs, like HTMLv and Liza. If there is active network card no need to run downloader in HTMLv and try to connect to server in Liza.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • If there is active network card no need to run downloader in HTMLv and try to connect to server in Liza.
    You should try to connect, and work with the returned error codes instead :)
  • OK, I'll try. Thanks :)
    Из хаоса в космос
  • On one of my parents' computers, the network card is not always found/initialized:

Code: Select all

10ec  8136   03   00   00   02   02   00   00   0b   REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP.                Network - Ethernet 
    PCIDEV finds the card on resolution 1024x768, but doesn't find it on resolution 1280x1024. Boardlog shows that the card completes initialization on resolution 1024x768. On resolution 1280x1024 the initialization is started, but never completes (NETCFG is stuck with 99% CPU usage, and cannot be killed). Night build r3840, kernel SVN r3837.

Output of boardlog + PCIDEV on 1024x768:
    Downloaded 391 times
    Downloaded 375 times
    Output of boardlog + PCIDEV on 1280x1024:
    Downloaded 381 times
    log_ashkelon.txt (6.52 KiB)
    Downloaded 391 times
    Photo of NETCFG stuck with 99% CPU usage:
    Spoiler:
    netcfg_stuck.png
    netcfg_stuck.png (175 KiB)
    Viewed 10421 times
  • Leency wrote:Kolibri build #3870, Qemu 0.15.1

1. Open /sys/HTMLv
    2. Click "Home" button from toolbar
    3. Click link "Cтатьи"
    Now you can not close any program. You may open a new one, but there is no way to close them.

See PCIDEV.png and Boardlog.png for more information. This is a very serious bug, could you please, fix it?
    The bug is possibly fixed in latest build, I should however take the time to review all code someday...
  • >> The bug is possibly fixed in latest build
    Sorry, not fixed.

Kolibri build #3886, Qemu 0.15.1.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Not fixed in VirtualBox too #4016 :(
    Attachments
    Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png (55.05 KiB)
    Viewed 10211 times
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency, have patience :)
    I'll let you know when it is fixed.

PS: I have gained some insight on what the exact problem could be but have not made any attempt to fix it yet.
    PSS: If it annoys you too much while testing, edit SOCKET_process_end in socket.inc, to ret immedately. This way sockets will not be closed, but system will not hang either :)
  • Sorry, for my molestation. :)
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Hi, Jeffrey

Some pages are not fully loaded in HTMLv. You can see it at our homepage (see scr).
    Please, contact me if you will need additional information or testing.

Another strange thing: I saw pages, where was strlen(bufpointer) > bufsize.
    For example, http://websvn.kolibrios.org/ page. Difference was about 500 byte. Why is it so?
    Attachments
    Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png (19.49 KiB)
    Viewed 9918 times
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Netstat program GUI fix, reduce window redraw. Waiting for a new system colors.
    Attachments
    Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png (4.61 KiB)
    Viewed 9816 times
    Из хаоса в космос