translate kolibri

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Just in case if this can be useful, I've made some screenshots of the website with my Psion 5MX PDA/palmtop running the default web browser for EPOC, the predecessor of Symbian OS
    Attachments
    Screenshots.zip (953.07 KiB)
    Screenshots taken with my Psion 5MX
    Downloaded 238 times
  • The KolibriOS website doesn't seem to have a Portuguese translation.
    I was wondering if you need someone to translate it to Portuguese... Maybe I can help with that!

At the moment, I don't really have enough time to translate KolibriOS itself, but I can help with the website (as it seems much faster as less complicated). I just need to know what to translate, and how to submit my translations. :)
  • There are some short texts and Headers nothing more. So anyone can do it in under 1 hour. Would be nice to see more translations to spread the word of kolibri os!
  • Hi,

I am French and I can offer some time for translation.
    I may start with the web pages. Where should I send the translation? Board? e-mail address?

Thanks in advance.
  • how do I get the Kolibri translated to Brazilian Portuguese? I dunno, the Kolibri has no translation package does not? Can I translate it manually? please help me out! :(
  • illys

Hi,
    You can send the translation to Leency or yogev_ezra or just attach it here.
    kolibrios.org in French would be very good thing, but KolibriOS in French would be even better. :wink:
  • Obscuro
    See the parallel thread. Translations are very welcome, especially high quality translations. :wink:
  • Hi Asper,

Thanks for your quick reply.

You will find attached the Kolibrios.org homepage in French. I took the liberty to reorganize the order of the ideas to have them smoother in French. The text is still 99% similar to the English version.

About the complete OS in French... Why not? But it will take significant time since I have little availability.

How would you proceed? Do you have a central language file or files? Or should I browse all the code files (gasp!)?
    And what about the keyboard map? Do you have a file to point me to?
    Attachments
    French Kolibrios.org homepage
    Downloaded 227 times
  • illys wrote:You will find attached the Kolibrios.org homepage in French.
    Good, but do not forget about these two pages too:
    http://kolibrios.org/ru/download
    http://kolibrios.org/ru/releases
    illys wrote: About the complete OS in French... Why not? But it will take significant time since I have little availability.

How would you proceed? Do you have a central language file or files? Or should I browse all the code files (gasp!)?
    Once I tried to make a file with strings for translation, you can find it on the first page of this thread.
    Wildwest wrote:French keymap supported since 2000 or so (Ville knew french).
    Yes Alt+5 will give you French keyboard layout.
  • Here it is for the website.

Good for the keymap, I'll give it a try and report.
    About the OS translation, I'll be back to you when I am done. Hopefully not too far in time.

With regards.
    Attachments
    kolibri_fr.7z (3.61 KiB)
    Downloaded 204 times
  • illys
    Thanks for your work! I'll update site as far as I can.

suicidalfork
    I sent you a file you should translate. Wish you not gone forever.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Q: I want to translate official site! What should I do?

A: You need no downloaded attached file and translate it. Then send it to me or put it here with your comment.
    Attachments
    Downloaded 207 times
    Из хаоса в космос