How can I compile?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • anstein99 wrote:What command do I have to type on the fasm program if I want to compile the assembly code?
    There are *.bat files near the sources - just run them! Their names (build_*. bat) are hints, aren't they? :wink:

Also you can view any *.bat file to get additional information.
  • hi anstein99

also, you can do it in Linux (makefile is there!)
    in any case, you need to save your new kernel.mnt to kolibri.img prior booting

Here is another (imho the easiest, fastest and funniest) way to edit+rebuild the kernel.

By the way, maybe somebody already tried to do modify the kernel as you want? - check our repository first

Good luck !
  • To run these _.bat files, You should have executable FASM for Windows at the C:\Windows\system32 folder, or installed FASM for Linux, if You use Linux :wink:
  • Атауальпа wrote:To run these _.bat files, You should have executable FASM for Windows at the C:\Windows\system32 folder, or installed FASM for Linux, if You use Linux :wink:
    Whole Fasm program folder, or just Fasm.exe file?
  • Just fasm.exe

Yet another way is to placed fasm in another folder (i use c:/program files/fasm)
    and add this folder to PATH variable in windows.
    If you dont know how to do that, read about it here: http://intoai.blogspot.com/2010/12/flat ... -fasm.html
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein