Tiny C Compiler

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Welcome to the board,

If you really want to use TCC, you need to compile it, but i think it's better to use GCC or another popular compiler.
    All is explained here: http://diamond.kolibrios.org/hll/hll_eng.htm

Good luck.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Hi!

Thank you for quick reply.
    If i understand exactly the sourcecodes of C compilers can be compiled into Kolibri OS?

P.S.: Happy New Year:)
  • No, that's not the point. The point is, you may use those (described in the article) assemblers/compilers to create programs (binaries) out of your own source code which could then run on Kolibri. The only way I now to date to develop applications from inside Kolibri is to use FASM, which is assembler, and which is difficult to you. So you'll have to use some other (a bit more powerful) operating system to develop Kolibri programs using HLL.
    in code we trust
  • The source code af tiny C compiler needs to be compiled with another compiler (GCC on windows)
    TCC itself also runs on windows.

To test KolibriOS programs on windows, you can use this emulator: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=426
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Also you can use C-- in the DOSBox. It's rather slow, but really works good.

P.S> TinyC seems to be awful, at least the Kolibri port - it generates very bad code and even makes mistakes. I tested it about 2 years ago, so this remark may be non-actual.
  • which tools you use to make kolibri os............?