Как эффективно развивать проект

Events from the world of KolibriOS and its developers
  • Is there any active kernel developer who want to lead the team? Here's coders with huge need to write something valuable, but they need adequate roadmap.

What about executable and DLL formats? Multiprocessing? POSIX compatibility, etc.

Here's two separated universes: Universe of COFF and Serge's universe of PE. It looks a little comfusing.

---

Кто из ядерщиков хочет выступить в роли лидера? Тут у кодеров руки чешутся что-нибудь реализовать, но нет адекватного роадмапа по развитию ядра.

Что по новым форматам исполняемых и разделяемых файлов? Мультипроцессингу? Подсистеме POSIX?

Я вижу здесь две вселенные - обычная с COFF и от Serge - с PE DLL. Это слегка выбивает из колеи.
  • Leency,
    Да, тут не мешало бы сделать чат, но насколько он будет эффективен?
    И кстати, хочу попросить об одном одолжении: ты не мог бы сделать ссылку на группу моего журнала (vk.com/kosinside) в своей группе Kolibri-Next?
    Монтировка решит всё 8)
  • Boppan, согласен. Задачи по ядру должны быть выявлены, сформулированы, всеобще одобрены и записаны в одном месте. Оттуда по пунктам брать, выполнять и вычеркивать.
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.
  • Знаете, какое есть предложение?
    Создать на Гугл диске документ Word, раздать всем ссылку на редактирование его и устроить текстовую/голосовую по дискорду или другому приложению дискуссию с добавлениями в текстовый документ пунктов, которые были одобрены.
    Монтировка решит всё 8)
  • Leency wrote:1. Разделить форум на равнозначные сегменты: английский и русский.
    The choice is between
    * Having separate English and Russian forums: people asking same questions in different languages, reporting and discussing same issues twice, and
    * Closing English forum: having a mess of English and Russian comments in one forum.

My opinion is that the bigger evil is the former one.

inb4: close Spanish forum
    Leency wrote:2. Обновить форум
    I have no idea how to do it.
    Same for moving to the new server, what XVilka has been asking for for many months.
    If there are any instructions, I can invest my time.
    Leency wrote:3. Обновить сайт
    Same as above.
    Leency wrote:4.
    * Social platforms are important, for the fresh blood in particular. Thank you for your VK activity.
    * I see no problem to discuss offtopic topics in offtopic forum. Just like we do now and like it is on the fasm board.
    Leency wrote:5. При принятии решений должен быть бОльший вес голоса у людей, вносящих реальный вклад в развитие проекта.
    Decision is always made by the programmer.
    Technical decisions are made after technical discussion, if required, not after pools.
    Pools are informative, not normative.
    E.g. nobody (and no pool) can force you to change C-- to C, not me, not CleverMouse, not even Allah!
    Leency wrote:куда двигаться
    Finish What Ya Started (c)
    Гордон Фримен wrote:Да, тут не мешало бы сделать чат, но насколько он будет эффективен?
    We already have a chat.
    Гордон Фримен wrote:Знаете, какое есть предложение?
    Создать на Гугл диске документ Word, раздать всем ссылку на редактирование его и устроить текстовую/голосовую по дискорду или другому приложению дискуссию с добавлениями в текстовый документ пунктов, которые были одобрены.
    What happens then?
    Boppan wrote:What about executable and DLL formats?
    Here's two separated universes: Universe of COFF and Serge's universe of PE. It looks a little comfusing.
    There is a PE patch by CleverMouse with a list of things to do.
    Boppan wrote:Here's coders with huge need to write something valuable, but they need adequate roadmap.
    Read the board, there are many ideas to implement, e.g. this one. Or this.
    rgimad wrote:Boppan, согласен. Задачи по ядру должны быть выявлены, сформулированы, всеобще одобрены и записаны в одном месте. Оттуда по пунктам брать, выполнять и вычеркивать.
    Read old board threads, there are many ideas discussed there: with technical info, often with patches or useful links/keywords.
  • Got it! I'll try to structurize information from the board and update that strange roadmap in root of SVN.

: Wow! Looks like Kolibri wants to be more UNIX-like!
  • Leency wrote:прости Jeffrey!
    You work in a factory of virgins, got it.

No seriously, I have nothing meaningful to add, sorry :)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • dunkaist wrote:
    What happens then?
    Таким образом можно написать дорожную карту. Просто и удобно.
    Смотрите:
    - Назначается модератор собрания
    - Он приглашает всех в беседу/даёт ссылку на редактирование документа Word, который лежит у него на Google Drive
    - Каждый пишет своим цветом (если через Google Drive) своё мнение, что нужно сделать в Kolibri OS
    - Модератор с разрешения написавших объединяет написанное по общему (Пример: человек 1 написал "Написать roadmap", человек 2 написал "Составить план"; модератор объединяет оба предложения в "Написать roadmap")
    - После этого производится голосование (каждый ставит плюс или минус против предложения; побеждает большинство; если 50/50, задача ставится под вопрос), отсеивающее лишнее
    - После этого каждой задаче ставится рейтинг важности (каждый пишет напротив предложений от 1 до 10; баллы складываются;); если у задачи определённое количество баллов, ей присваивается приоритетность от 1 (критически важно) до 4 (желательно)
    - (необязательный пункт) разработчики берут выполнение задач на себя (пишут свои ники/имена напротив задач)
    - Модератор выкладывает получившийся документ в свободный доступ (форум/SVN)
    Всё, roadmap готов!
    p.s. После этого можно проводить отчёты каждые две недели, но это тоже не обязательно :)

for english user

Thus, you can write a road map. Simple and convenient.
    See:
    - Assigned a meeting moderator
    - He invites everyone to a conversation / gives a link to edit a Word document that lies on his Google Drive
    - Everyone writes in their own color (if through Google Drive) their opinion on what needs to be done in Kolibri OS
    - The moderator, with the permission of the authors, combines the written in general (Example: person 1 wrote "Write a roadmap", person 2 wrote "Make a plan"; the moderator combines both sentences in "Write a roadmap")
    - After this, a vote is taken (each puts a plus or minus against the proposal; the majority wins; if 50/50, the task is called into question), eliminating the excess
    - After this, each task is given a rating of importance (each person writes opposite sentences from 1 to 10; points are added up;); if the task has a certain number of points, it is given priority from 1 (critically important) to 4 (preferably)
    - (optional item) developers take on the tasks themselves (write their nicknames / names opposite the tasks)
    - The moderator puts the resulting document in free access (forum / SVN)
    That's it, roadmap is ready!
    p.s. After that, you can run reports every two weeks, but this is also not necessary :)
    Монтировка решит всё 8)
  • hidnplayr wrote:
    Leency wrote:прости Jeffrey!
    You work in a factory of virgins, got it.

No seriously, I have nothing meaningful to add, sorry :)
    My past topic "KolibriOS Annals" was about the past, and then this topic is about the future of the Kolbri system.
    How to effectively develop a project, where to move. Without fantasizing, just analytics and argumentation.
    I will express my thoughts. Please share your ideas too!

1. Divide the forum into two equivalent segments: English and Russian.
    Yes, because internationalisation. Also out of respect for our colleagues: hidnplayr said that my posts are extremely difficult for a Google translator and often their meaning turns into a mess. Alas, such Ukrainian Russian! Therefore, at first I duplicated my messages, now I decided to write in English mostly.
    In our company all developers (transliteration of "devs" were translated into "virgins") and QAs are from Ukraine. PMs and Product owners are from France. At work we have a chat in Mattermost. Some chats are in Russian-Ukrainian, some chats are in English, and some are mixes of both. What I see, if people use English to communicate their discussion gets more tolerant and more effective.

2. Update the forum
    Add the "Thank you" (Like / Appreciate) button, add captcha 2 + 3 =, also would be nice to increase the font size by default.

3. Update the official website
    Why do we need it doesn't need any explanation - this is obvious. I wanted to update the website but CleverMouse and XVilka igore my request to give me actual sources of the website. I wrote them several times but didn't get answer. This is an easy thing so I don't get the problem. Also I was the guy who created the current website a long time ago.
    Apparently we need a public outcry.

4. Many of us are in the project for many years, I've been there for 13 years. So Kolibri is a big part of our lives. And we are related to each other, like friends more or less. Rather "Less" because all private discussions are unwanted there. So were moved into the secbforum with the infamous name "Offtop".
    I mean, that http://board.kolibrios.org/ is not just a board, it is and has to be more like a social network. The fact that all elements of a social network have been removed from the forum is one of the reasons of failure.
    Now there is a chat in the KolibriOS VK group https://vk.com/kolibri_os
    There are pupils and students mostly. Some of them are already gain the access to SVN and committing to Kolibri! Isn't that a magic?
    I take part in the "Heroes III: Horn on the Abbys" project as an observer. What they do is incredibly difficult and they do it successfully for a long time. They have a core developers and a fan base. The forum is being updated, there is a button "Thank you", there is a section for a "free communication" with the jokes, talks about sex, music and so on. This is not the main reason for success, but an important element.

5. When making decisions, there should be a greater weight of voice among people who make a real contribution. Probably a closed part of a forum.
    I don't understand why in the "Polls", the voices of CleverMouse, Serge, Dunkaist, yours and mine are equivalent to the voice of John Doe, who registered yesterday and left a single comment "Kolibri is a shit without JAVA, Stalker and Vulkan support!!! Port to ARM instatly!"
    So from my side the desired social structure is: project leader, developers, users.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Гордон Фримен wrote:
    dunkaist wrote:
    What happens then?
    Таким образом можно написать дорожную карту. Просто и удобно.
    Смотрите:...
    IMO unuseful actions. You already have the board, where you can easily post your ideas. And you can understand- is the idea good to implement by looking at answers to the post.
  • Boppan,
    Вы точно хотите помочь в разработке KolibriOS?
    Ведь вышеуказанным способом можно легко и быстро составить roadmap.
    ЗА ОДИН ДЕНЬ.
    А не за месяц (-ы)
    И при этом НИКТО не будет обижен невнимательностью к его персоне.
    Если, конечно же его пригласят к беседе :)

for english users
    Boppan,
    You for sure want to help develop KolibriOS?
    After all, in the above way, you can easily and quickly compose a roadmap.
    FOR ONE DAY.
    Not for the month (s)
    And while no one will be offended by inattention to his person.
    Unless, of course, he will be invited to a conversation :)
    Монтировка решит всё 8)
  • Можно вообще задать такой вопрос: КТО-ТО ЗДЕСЬ ХОЧЕТ, ЧТОБЫ ИМ УПРАВЛЯЛИ?
    Ведь проще саботировать, чем сделать что-то реальное.
    простите, сорвался...

for english users

You can even ask this question: SOMEONE HERE WANTS TO MANAGE THEM?
    It’s easier to sabotage than to do something real.
    sorry, I fell ...
    Монтировка решит всё 8)
  • Гордон Фримен
    I was tolerant for a long time. Now I say: please stop flooding.
    I understand that you want to help and force the activity but in the current case you just add a mess. Let more experienced members say.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Окей, я подожду

Ok i'll wait
    Монтировка решит всё 8)