Adding an application as part of KolibriOS image

Events from the world of KolibriOS and its developers
  • You should be able to find your application through one of the file managers (KFAR, KFM, Eolite).
    The image gets loaded into RAM at boot, the path to this is /rd/1/
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • punk_joker « Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:12 am » Utsav_Chokshi: need edit menu.dat settings folder
    punk_joker « Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:13 am » if use tinypad, need off optimal save, or use KFAR
    Utsav_Chokshi « Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:47 am » punk_joker: Thanks. Now I am able to run my application from KoilbriOS. I executed it from KFAR. What I need to do to insert it to Menu ? KFAR has completely keyboard based navigation ? Any shortcut to move application to @MENU?
    Pathoswithin « Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:20 am » Utsav_Chokshi: You need to edit menu.dat, it is a text file with precise number of spaces (that tinypad may change to tabulations).
    Pathoswithin « Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:24 am » For executing you may also use Eolite.
  • Hello, to add an application to the menu entry in KolibriOS, you need to follow these steps:
    a) Make sure your application is compiled and assembled correctly. Ensure that the binary file (in this case, "SQUARE") is in a format compatible with KolibriOS.

b) Identify the appropriate location where the menu entries are defined in KolibriOS. This is typically done through configuration files or scripts.

c) Open the relevant configuration file for the menu entries and locate the section that defines the applications in the menu.

d) Add an entry for your application in the menu configuration. This typically includes specifying the name of the application, the command or file path to execute it, and any additional parameters or options.

e) Save the changes to the menu configuration file.

f) Restart KolibriOS or reload the modified image in VirtualBox to see the updated menu entry.