End of support from my side, lets find Kolibri another home

Events from the world of KolibriOS and its developers
  • I figure I might as well mention that a website I go to is hosted on Linode, but it looks like it costs more per amount of space than what you're looking at. At least I got around to registering on the board, I'll try to talk about doing stuff on the OS later.
  • XVilka wrote:Which OS you want to run inside VM?
    I asked mike.dld in PM which OS does he want.
    According to him, the OS is entirely up to us - so I think XVilka and CleverMouse should decide, since they are going to administer this OS.
  • I think it's a bad idea to run a single server on a virtual machine.
    Why not run it directly on the hardware??
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:I think it's a bad idea to run a single server on a virtual machine.
    Why not run it directly on the hardware??
    I think that now it's also inside a virtual machine :wink:
    Having a hosted real hardware server is pretty expensive, and you also risk to get hardware failures which you will have to handle yourself.
  • For me, something apt-based will be more familiar, so I prefer Debian GNU/Linux.
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • Real hardware - too expensive cost. And it VM is easier to backup, etc
  • I've decided to share hardware directly (like shared hosting). I've already droid-developers.org running in this mode. What do you think? Also this let provide high-performance and load balancing. (and very long uptime :)

Also it will be possible to run kolibri img in qemu on the server! :D

Also, why not move bug tracking on redmine as it already exists (from bugzilla)?

Ah. and also fix redmine.kolibrios.org index page to show something more useful than 404 error
  • I don't object.
  • OK. Right now koos.org have three most important services: forum, wiki, svn/redmine. Any other suggestions? My be you want some incredible service, which can be useful for koos dev team, and also real to install it?
  • FTP?
  • ah. forgot that. But it already exists on koos.org. I mean new
  • Stick to the topic please. New services should be discussed in another thread.
    in code we trust
  • Who will be the Boss then?
    Whom to appy for accounts getting (svn, ftp, blog, wiki) ?
  • Currently, all host-resources belong to mike.dld