Not actively participating for quite a long time, I now decided to completely leave the project. Never say never, but that's what it's like right now.
Much has changed since the original Kolibri releases and I just don't feel the same as before. In short, initial asm-only-just-for-fun concept is not here anymore and I can't stand it. Moreover, project couldn't [in general] cross ex-USSR border which I would've loved to happen.
I'm giving you guys half a year from now on to find another place to host the project. Since I were maintaining the server for last N years I will totally support all the migration process. I hope you understand that it's not that I don't have money to pay for it further, but more of me not being interested in this and so not wishing to continue. I also want to move to a smaller server or even shared hosting which would serve my own needs just fine.
In this particular thread I want you to discuss possible alternatives to move to (as a starting point, one could look at Wikipedia article
, or maybe there would be some other VPS/DS proposals).
Currently, these are the [valuable enough] sites hosted for Kolibri (no other sites are to be migrated so we don't discuss them here):
- kolibrios.org - official site (latest release info, previous releases archive (also accessible at FTP))
- kolibrios.org SVN (with complementary WebDAV access) - project repository
- board.kolibrios.org - this forum
- bugs.kolibrios.org - bug tracker
- builds.kolibrios.org - continuous integration builds
- diamond.kolibrios.org - diamond's site (all data is still there although index page has been replaced with a shorter one)
- ftp.kolibrios.org (with complementary ftp:// access) - users' personal data and lots of interesting public stuff
- heavyiron.kolibrios.org - heavyiron's site with [once] useful links and personal programs/kernel builds
- mdevelop.kolibrios.org (archived, not accessible) - mistifi(ator's site featuring mdevelop, Kolibri-specific IDE written in Delphi
- network.kolibrios.org (archived, not accessible) - Hex'es site with lots of [not only] network programming information (in Russian)
- wiki.kolibrios.org - official wiki (quite extensive documentation on everything here and there)
I think 6 months is enough to solve the problem. No rush, lets make everything in a right way.
P.S.: Please stick to the topic, all irrelevant posts (including those wishing me good luck or sending to hell) will be deleted or edited without additional notification. Would be awesome to keep conversation in English.