"Ночные" сборки KolibriOS

Share your distros and discuss others'
  • Is kolibri_0.7.7.0_src\programs\system\end\end.asm (30.01.2009) small enough? It produces 444 b kpacked ru file.
  • Autobuild after every commit is configured. It runs synchronously, which means that
    1) it introduces some delay after transmitting file data; in the worst case - when you touch one of Makefiles and the system needs to rebuild everything - it takes about half of a minute, in the usual case - several seconds;
    2) it can communicate back to the SVN client; if the build has failed, it does this by sending a message like "Auto-build failed for rus. Examine <link> for list of errors" and returning an error, <link> is HTTP-address of a file with error output. Note that this is a build error, it doesn't prevent code from being committed. The console client reacts by saying in the console something like "Warning: post-commit hook has failed with error code 1 and the following output" followed by a message from the build system;
    3) when the commit is done, you can be sure that http://builds.kolibrios.org/ already contains logs of a build for this commit and - if a build succeeded - resulting image and data.
    Logs of the build can be accessed through HTTP.
    The build system keeps files from 3 latest successful builds; of course, it is easy to change.

Autobuild builds all directories under <repository>/data, which contain Makefile.
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • Nice work, clevermouse!
    Maybe the next step is to copy all files into a pre-made .img file wich only contains the bootloader?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr, what for? Time for creating an empty image with dd+mformat+dd is negligible.
  • So people can download in .img format right away?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Yes, e.g. the latest - for now - english image is http://builds.kolibrios.org/eng/svn1741-img.7z.
  • Must have looked over it.
    Great work.
  • I have restored a easy version of the application END, see SVN r.1742
    Thanks to lev for the information.
  • Mario, I assume that you meant 'лёгкий' = 'легковесный' = 'light', not 'лёгкий' = 'нетрудный' = 'easy', so I renamed the version. Anyway, to change the source of a program in the repository, one must change Makefile; currently I've done this in the same commit with renaming, svn.1743, but you could do this as well.
  • Well, it does not matter to me. :wink:
  • Спасибо, CleverMouse, за проделанную нелёгкую работу! Потестировал только что сборку. Очень-очень даже неплохо! Заметил, что не хватает файлика .shell (скрипт, который выполняется автоматически при запуске shell, который лучше залить 0.4.52). И Eolite тоже желательно обновить (происходит переполнение буфера, всё описано в соответствующей теме), но он на С--.... Ещё раз спасибо!

P.S. Сори, что не на инглише - аккумулятор на исходе, а на русском я думаю быстрее... :)
  • Albom, попроси svn-аккаунт у mike.dld - он в любом случае полезен для обновления исходных текстов - и обнови сам, это легко.
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • Now NASM programs - we have two such in the current build - can also be compiled from sources automatically.
  • C4 and Tetris.