UpBoard

• Looks interesting.

Ethernet should not be so hard to get going, it might even work with existing i8254x driver.
    Intel Graphics also sounds like a winner to me.

The question is: what firmware does this thing have? (BIOS? UEFI? Something else?)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • They say something about a BIOS named UPC1AM0D. Strange choice ('cause UEFI is state of the art). :-/
  • Oldsmobile wrote:They say something about a BIOS named UPC1AM0D. Strange choice ('cause UEFI is state of the art). :-/
    UPC1AM0D is not the name of the BIOS, but a version code/number it seems.
    But, BIOS is good, it works.
    (U)EFI could have solved many issues, but AFAIK they created even more instead, and it is not supported by KolibriOS (yet).
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • OK, so I could get an UpBoard & try it out. I'm gonna keep you up-to-date.

Any hints about how to access the GPIO pins?
  • Oldsmobile wrote:OK, so I could get an UpBoard & try it out. I'm gonna keep you up-to-date.

Any hints about how to access the GPIO pins?
    Unfortunately, documentation is unavailable for me, since registration is closed for non "Early Adopters" so I cannot tell.
    A driver will obviously be needed.
    For the similar 86duino board, It was about 2 days work to get a blinken-light demo working.
    viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2555&p=61479#p61479 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP09vA9HSqE

This Upboard however looks more interesting then the 86duino because it is more powerful, has an onboard intel graphics card etc for a very competitive price.
  • It seems they have updated the public available 'datasheet' today which now shows that the network interface is using a RealTek 8111G chip, which should also work in KolibriOS (with minor modifications).
  • Thank you for the hint. At least a little more public info. In the wiki every chunk of information is restricted to registered users. :evil: