The link to wiki http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Google_S ... CPUID_tool
about this GSOC project
I'm one of GSOC mentors for this project.
Short introduction for students
Some problems of this project:
1) it is considered a low priority project by our team;
2) it was in almost unmaintained mode for 8-9 years and a lot of new processors were shipped duruing that time, which are incorrectly detected by application. The strange thing - new vendors appears, like those guys, who produce Vortex86;
3) vendor's documentation changed in the same period, sometimes radically, and code, written 10 years ago, don't work for some new processors, namely Intel;
4) here are several versions of application, some of them were dropped as buggy, others due to imcomplete implementation etc. Three maintance tasks student should do since the time of selection and until the intermediate check (I don't want to talk now about the test task, some first stages of work and logging of progress at our wiki or your site): 1) make a version, what have all the features of those different versions; 2) find or create a database of processors and add it to our wiki; 3) find or create a database of CPUID subcommands for main vendors from manuals, specifications, datasheets, news etc and add it to our wiki.
5) some useful code, written by Serge and yogev_ezra, exists in kernel of KolibriOS, which should be used somehow in CPUID.