CPUID - характеристики центрального процессора

• I asked mat1854 to put new version with full sources on forum in 1-2 days (since her SVN commits were rejected), so everyone can test it.
  • Here is the latest version. which compiles fine as a stand alone app. But for the SVN commit these file paths have changed

These two :
    include 'load_lib.mac'
    include 'macros.inc' ; useful macroses

to :
    include '..\..\..\develop\libraries\box_lib\load_lib.mac'
    include '..\..\..\macros.inc'

Can someone help me in committing this file? Only CPUID.ASM has changed since last commit.
    Attachments
    trunk.zip (153.19 KiB)
    Downloaded 316 times
  • Not now, we will test it before commit and the version would be changed (maybe 2.45).

And like in June viewtopic.php?f=42&t=594&start=135#p65707 write answers

Write here a list of things, which were done by you after midterm.
    Write here a list of things, which weren't done by you after midterm, including reasons, why were not done yet.
  • Fixed bugs. Here is the report where everything is in detail https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qOl ... sp=sharing
    Added "unknown codename" message.
    Disabled multiplier detection for latest AMD.
    Fixed detection of AMD Phenom II.

Known issue: MENUET01 string appears when the application first loads. It disappears after any window movement.

Note: I do not have internet service where I am staying. Hope this helps out.
  • New tests

h1.jpg - just start of application in case, if it know model. Strange things, maybe redraw bug + something new... Artefacts disappears, if you click at Press for more button or move window .

h2.jpg - crush of application in case, if it don't know model.
    Attachments
    h1.jpg
    h1.jpg (145.34 KiB)
    Viewed 13111 times
    h2.jpg
    h2.jpg (211.59 KiB)
    Viewed 13111 times
  • Not much changes since last try.
    Attachments
    lscpu.txt (1.29 KiB)
    Downloaded 289 times
    CPUID.TXT (1.57 KiB)
    Downloaded 288 times
    CPUID.PNG
    CPUID.PNG (100.43 KiB)
    Viewed 13100 times
  • Yes, but at least no false detection of multiplier and clock.
  • I do not want the code I have written after the midterm to be used in the CPUID application. This means all the listed things I have posted earlier.
  • mat1854 wrote:I do not want the code I have written after the midterm to be used in the CPUID application. This means all the listed things I have posted earlier.
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    You do realize this way you'll be violating the terms you agreed with while entering the program, and what consequences this could have?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Do we need to rewrite everything after mid term then?
    I don't think violating any licenses (no matter how informal) should be practiced...
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!
  • mat1854 wrote:I do not want the code I have written after the midterm to be used in the CPUID application. This means all the listed things I have posted earlier.
    Could you clarify what you mean?
    Are you saying this because you feel the quality of code does not match your expectations of yourself?
    OR
    Do you mean we should not use it because you (being the author) do not want it to be used in CPUID?
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!
  • https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/terms/student Your lose any rights on this code
  • mat1854
    Not mentioning the rules, you have received pass on midterm evaluation by me in advance, while Wildwest was not completely agree, but on final evaluation he was confident. Summary result is about 50%, so half money is sort of fare.
  • Wildwest asked me to write the code after the actual deadline because Pathoswithin asked him about something. So many problems with his mentorship. But if we can not change my fail status now, all I want to make clear is I DO NOT GIVE PERMISSION TO USE THE CODE I HAVE WRITTEN AFTER THE MIDTERM.

If we can still change the status ,I can give explanation.

Thanks.
    Attachments
    Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 5.13.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 5.13.17 PM.png (74.85 KiB)
    Viewed 13266 times