FTP client

• Very good. Have you used the FTP libs?
    Нуб зеленый.
  • ramiil-kun wrote:Very good. Have you used the FTP libs?
    The what?
    This client has been written from scratch in pure flat assembly.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Okay. It's all what i want to know.
    Нуб зеленый.
  • Great work. It is common practice in file managers to give graphical interface for work with ftp as with remote disk/folder. Probably KFAR (or other file manager) plug-in could be next step.
  • Really great! Standard library could be used by any program not only by a FM.
  • Or even FTP directory can be mounted to file system ;)
  • Asper wrote:Really great! Standard library could be used by any program not only by a FM.
    A library is not so hard to make, but who will use it?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Hmm, library will be a first step to "FTP-FS", for example. We have ftp-server and ftp-client in kolibri, and network stack work on different computers. It will be good feature, if you understand me.

There are lot of mistakes, sorry.
    Нуб зеленый.
  • http://bugs.kolibrios.org/view.php?id=80
    KolibriOS FTP client (ftpc) doesn't request username/password on some servers
    Connect to ftp.kolibrios.org - username/password is requested as expected.
    Connect to ftp.idit.co.il - no prompt for username/password.
    Connect to ftp.idit.co.il using Windows command-line FTP client - works ok (username/password is requested as expected).
    As a result, I am unable to work with ftp.idit.co.il in KolibriOS
    SVN #4665
    Spoiler:
    ScreenShot821.png
    ScreenShot821.png (24.49 KiB)
    Viewed 17338 times
    ftp.idit.co.il.png
    ftp.idit.co.il.png (11.68 KiB)
    Viewed 17338 times
    ftp.kolibrios.org.png
    ftp.kolibrios.org.png (15.64 KiB)
    Viewed 17338 times
  • Forgot to answer here, but bug described by yogev has been fixed.
  • Added a RDIR command to FTP client with #4922 ,

RDIR : Retreieve directory

It currently retreives all the files from the server's current working directory and ignores any subdirectories inside.

Plans are to eventually make this recursive with a --recursive flag.

Please use and report any issues you face :)
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!
  • I added the functionality to parse command line arguments of the form ftp://user:password@server.com:port/folder/subfolder (#6394). For eg.,

Code: Select all

ftpc ftp://anonymous:pass@ftp.kolibrios.org:21/users
    Last edited by nisargshah95 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • I am working on creating a GUI for the existing FTP client as part of my GSoC project. The main goals of the project are -

1. support for existing commands in the FTP client
    2. search remote directory
    3. enable logging control data to log file
    4. display upload/download progress bar
    5. support resuming downloads (http://bugs.kolibrios.org/view.php?id=96)
    6. support to abort transfers.

Here is a mock image of how the GUI would look like -

I showed this earlier to my mentor ashmew2 and the following changes will be made -
    1. have separate window for username and password inputs which will be replaced by the client window on successful login.
    2. grey out buttons like delete, upload if the user does not have required permissions.
    3. add proper error handling

Any suggestions are welcome so that they can be incorporated into the client :)
  • I think, the main question is what resources will be used for GUI elements? It certainly should not be "all in myself" as Tinypad.