Netsurf

• Удалось зайти на главную страницу, но при попытке перейти на форум загрузка процессора возросла до 100%, перестал двигаться курсор мыши, перестали запускаться программы (открыть системное меню с клавиатуры тоже не получилось). Лог прилагаю.
    Также заметил баг в адресной строке Netsurf при переключении на другое окно по Alt + Tab.
    Spoiler:

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Attachments
    LOG1.TXT (136 KiB)
    Downloaded 286 times
  • Unduing wrote:Hi. Attached log files what you asked.
    Thanks for the detailed log files. This is a bug in the current build system we use for Netsurf. Hopefully will be fixed in next release.
    Leency wrote:Excellent job. I shake your hand with great delight.

Few notices:
    - still the problem with running from cd
    - home/end keys doesn't work while scroll, problems with several keys in adress box (delete, left, right...)
    Thanks for the appreciation :) Regarding running from CD, it looks like (as hidnplayr said before) a problem related to the CD being a READ-ONLY filesystem. I will change this so that the log files are generated in a predecided (or changeable) directory and this should go away.
    Regarding the keys not working, that's the next step.
    DmitrySokolowsky wrote:Удалось зайти на главную страницу, но при попытке перейти на форум загрузка процессора возросла до 100%, перестал двигаться курсор мыши, перестали запускаться программы (открыть системное меню с клавиатуры тоже не получилось). Лог прилагаю.
    Также заметил баг в адресной строке Netsurf при переключении на другое окно по Alt + Tab.

English Translation:

Managed to go on the main page, but when you try to go to the forum CPU utilization increased to 100%, does not move the mouse cursor no longer run the program (open the system menu from the keyboard also does not work). Log is attached.
    Also noticed a bug in the address bar Netsurf when switching to another window on the Alt + Tab.
    Thanks for reporting this. The 100% CPU Usage bug seems to be relentless at times in the current version. The next release should fix this. Regarding the funny/unknown symbols in the address bar, that still exists because the address bar does not know that the special keys (unprintable characters) need not be printed. Both these things should be fixed in the next release.
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!
  • (Thought it's better to use a separate post for this)

The current version of netsurf uses the framebuffer interface and parts of the KolibriOS UI to work well. This does not seem like the correct way to do it. In addition to this, there seems to have been a lot of development going on in Netsurf so this version needs to come up to date. I'm planning to work on integrating the KolibriOS GUI with Netsurf's latest version (3.2 at the time of writing) so that the framebuffer is no longer needed and NS and KolibriOS can communicate without it.

Once this is achieved, we will be a step closer to being listed as an official port on Netsurf so that their CI System checks each time they commit something new. Once that's done, maintenance should be a lot easier. It will also remove the hassle of adding Netsurf (and it's huge build system) to the Autobuild.

Let me know how you guys feel about this :)

PS - Regarding the bugs, I'm not fixing them right now because things might change a lot with the newer version. I will be maintaining this code on a separate repo on my github (https://github.com/ashmew2/netsurf-kolibri). Feel free to check it out if you are interested.

PS 2 - Regarding the things that need to be done that I mentioned earlier(PolarSSL , etc) , if there's someone who wants to work on any part of the codebase, please let me know so that we can avoid code duplication and maybe speed up things a bit.

PS 3 - Once the GUI is up, maybe we could list and fix the bugs more formally using our Mantis bug tracker or something of the like.

Regards,
    Ashish
    ---
  • NetSurf 3.2 released 30 Aug 2014
    NetSurf 3.2 is primarily a bug-fix release. In addition to fixes, a disc cache feature has been added, and a little work has been done to improve CSS3 support. Several of the front ends have received quite a bit of attention, with new features and improvements; notably the GTK, AmigaOS and Framebuffer front ends. We recommend all users upgrade.

http://listmaster.pepperfish.net/piperm ... 03575.html

Roadmap http://bugs.netsurf-browser.org/mantis/roadmap_page.php
  • Is there any video (yt?) which shows some progress of netsurf for kos yet?
  • Hi

Do you mean something like a "Journey of netsurf" or something? Or are you talking about the support in netsurf for playing videos?

I'm afraid the answer to both of them is no at the moment.

PS - If you want to work on something of this sort, I'll help you with whatever information you need regarding Netsurf.

Regards,
    Ashish
    ---
  • Some actual progress will be required before anyone can make a video of it :)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • So, as hidnplayr indicates, there is no (unstable) nersurf app yet, too show some of its more advanced html capabilities?

Videos off new apps always draw attention to useres and programmers as well.
  • While running make in netsurf-kolibri directory I have an error.
    Could you please help how to solve it?
    M.CONFIG: JPEG (libjpeg) enabled (NETSURF_USE_JPEG := YES)
    M.CONFIG: PDF export (haru) disabled (NETSURF_USE_HARU_PDF := NO)
    M.CONFIG: glibc internal iconv enabled (NETSURF_USE_LIBICONV_PLUG := YES)
    M.CONFIG: PNG (libpng) enabled (NETSURF_USE_PNG := YES)
    M.CONFIG: BMP (libnsbmp) failed (NETSURF_USE_BMP := YES)
    gtk/Makefile.target:25: *** Unable to find library for: BMP (libnsbmp). Stop.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Hi!
    That's the main Makefile for Netsurf. Instead of running that, you need to

cd kolibrios/
    Then
    make

That will let you build the KolibriOS GUI specifically.

The only file you need to edit right now is guitest.c inside netsurf-kolibri/kolibrios/ .

In order to build the complete Netsurf, we will require a GNU triplet toolchain for KolibriOS. I'm working on that currently. It will be based off GCC and will help us in cross compilation.

PS - In case someone's interested, netsurf-kolibri is available on github : http://github.com/ashmew2/netsurf-kolibri
    ---
  • Sorry, but bash told me that there is no makefile in /kolibrios/ folder.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Hi!

Sorry about that, there was an inconsistency in the repo. The makefile is in kolibrios/ directory, (link to it : https://github.com/ashmew2/netsurf-koli ... s/Makefile ).

Make sure your MENUETDEV variables are set up properly and pointing to the correct toolchain.

Regards,
    Ashish
    ---
  • http://www.netsurf-browser.org/

NetSurf 3.3 released 15 Mar 2015
    NetSurf 3.3 is primarily a bug-fix release. Several of the front ends have received quite a bit of attention, with new features and improvements; notably the AmigaOS front ends has gained the beginnings of support for AmigaOS 3. We recommend all users upgrade.
  • Need to update Netsurf for new http_lib.
    Из хаоса в космос