Netsurf

• ashmew2 wrote:I haven't tested with assoc.ini , but it's probably a good thing to have once I fix some other issues for the next release. AIUI, assoc.ini would call the Netsurf binary with <filename> as the command line argument which I havent implemented yet.
    Clear.
    ashmew2 wrote:Can you try to run Netsurf first, get the main GUI window and then open offline pages using file:/// ?
    For example, an html file located at

Code: Select all

/tmp0/1/offline.html
    should work with typing in the Netsurf address bar

file:///tmp0/1/offline.html
    This should let you open local pages.
    Yep! It works, but very very very slow (from tmp directory)! It takes about 3 minutes to draw the page. Before the full draw of the page, there is a high load on the CPU (about 86%).
    The Glass is Always Half Full! :mrgreen:
  • JohnXenox wrote:
    ashmew2 wrote:I haven't tested with assoc.ini , but it's probably a good thing to have once I fix some other issues for the next release. AIUI, assoc.ini would call the Netsurf binary with <filename> as the command line argument which I havent implemented yet.
    Clear.
    ashmew2 wrote:Can you try to run Netsurf first, get the main GUI window and then open offline pages using file:/// ?
    For example, an html file located at

/tmp0/1/offline.html
    should work with typing in the Netsurf address bar

file:///tmp0/1/offline.html
    This should let you open local pages.
    Yep! It works, but very very very slow (from tmp directory)! It takes about 3 minutes to draw the page. Before the full draw of the page, there is a high load on the CPU (about 86%).
    Are you running with

/path/to/netsurf -V <logfile>
    ?
    Can you try running without the -V switch

/path/to/netsurf
    and see if it helps?
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!
  • ashmew2 wrote:Are you running with

/path/to/netsurf -V <logfile>
    ?
    Yep! Log file and other files is attached!

Beginning of draw.

Full draw (аfter 3 minutes).
    ashmew2 wrote:Can you try running without the -V switch

/path/to/netsurf
    and see if it helps?
    The same behavior. Drawing about 3 minutes. CPU loading initially, 80-90%(about 15 seconds), then 100% up to a full page draw.
    Attachments
    NETSURF.tar.gz (11.66 KiB)
    Downloaded 234 times
    index-153.tar.gz (20.97 KiB)
    Downloaded 189 times
    BOARDLOG.tar.gz (3.25 KiB)
    Downloaded 229 times
  • Hi JohnXenox,

Wait for the next release =)
    I'll add some more logging for printing the amount of time it takes to read local files.
    This way we will be able to tell which phase is taking the most time (if it's the loading of the local HTML files, or it's the drawing of the loaded HTML file by browser)
    ---
  • ashmew2 wrote:Hi JohnXenox,

Wait for the next release =)
    I'll add some more logging for printing the amount of time it takes to read local files.
    This way we will be able to tell which phase is taking the most time (if it's the loading of the local HTML files, or it's the drawing of the loaded HTML file by browser)
    Hi ashmew2.
    Okay I will wait. :)
  • New binaries for netsurf and netsurf-installer!

Built against Git commit tag : f7d4b915ff219accec90e4c53fa7d839dccd1745 (Netsurf git repo)

- Patch libgcc to alert user if libc is not present (or not found) leading to Netsurf not starting up (check debug board)
    - Reduce size of executable by 4x (much faster loading times off a slow FAT disk)
    - Display times when started and finished loading files from disk (to debug board) for troubleshooting.
    - Patch the netsurf toolchains repo to create an sdk environment with kos32-gcc and friends for the build server.

====
    Wrote an installer for Netsurf (can be found in $SVN/programs/network/netsurf/).
    This installer downloads the netsurf binary and the required resources over HTTP and installs to /tmp0/1/ by default.
    The download (aka installation) path can be changed in the .asm file .
    Simply execute the assembled binary and check debug board for details on the download.
    The attachment 2017-05-29-231651_1366x768_scrot.png is no longer available
    Note: It will create new directories in the target path as well for downloading resource files.
    ====
    Attachments
    nsinstall (1.06 KiB)
    Installer
    Downloaded 211 times
    Installer screenshot
    2017-05-29-231651_1366x768_scrot.png (106.92 KiB)
    Installer screenshot Viewed 5972 times
    ---
  • Netsurf does not work for me. Searches for Sans.ttf font and does not find it. Opens only console and that's all. Logfiles is attached. :(

Where can I get sans.ttf font? :roll:

Why do you use the console with netsurf bynary file? The console is superfluous in the graphics program. It can be disabled in kos32-ld by the argument "--subsystem native".
    Attachments
    Netsurf-log.7z (710 Bytes)
    Downloaded 196 times
  • JohnXenox: Did you use the installer (downloader) program ? It should have been downloaded automatically.
    You can also find a copy of the 'resources' needed by netsurf here: http://board.kolibrios.org/download/file.php?id=6100
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:JohnXenox: Did you use the installer (downloader) program ?
    Nope. I use "netsurf-kolibrios" file.
    hidnplayr wrote:You can also find a copy of the 'resources' needed by netsurf here: http://board.kolibrios.org/download/file.php?id=6100
    Okay.
  • JohnXenox wrote:Netsurf does not work for me. Searches for Sans.ttf font and does not find it. Opens only console and that's all. Logfiles is attached. :(

Where can I get sans.ttf font? :roll:

Why do you use the console with netsurf bynary file? The console is superfluous in the graphics program. It can be disabled in kos32-ld by the argument "--subsystem native".
    The console is useful for picking up on errors on libraries that one might not have, for example libpng16.
    So I kept it around for a while more.
    ---
  • ashmew2 wrote:The console is useful for picking up on errors on libraries that one might not have, for example libpng16.
    So I kept it around for a while more.
    Clear.
  • Still slowly opens offline pages. :(
    Video report -> http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=1365122.
    Attachments
    netsurf.log.7z (9.98 KiB)
    Downloaded 188 times
  • I use nsinstall - it works. But downloaded nskolibrios wont run - just open console window and crashes

But netsurf-kolibrios file runs

Using .iso rev 6916
  • Hi, ashmew2!

I've tried nsinstall, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

My steps:
    1. add "nsinstall" to kilibri.img root folder
    2. run QEMU and open /sys/nsinstall
    3. wait... (btw, how about add console output instead writing to board?)
    4. get files
    5. open /tmp0/1/nskolibrios

Actual result: I see console window, one thread is creashed according to boardlog.
    Boardlog attached.
    Attachments
    BOARDLOG.TXT (3.24 KiB)
    Downloaded 144 times
    Из хаоса в космос