Firefox

Everything you can't fit into other forums
  • diamond wrote:The first question was 'Would firefox be faster if it ran in kolibri than in Windows?', the first answer was 'No.' Do you really think that the questions 'Why would firefox be faster if it ran in kolibri than in Windows? Could firefox be as fast in kolibri as google chrome is in Windows, may be faster?' have any sense?
    My mistake, sorry.
  • I used slitaz and firefox seemed to work more efficiently than in Windows. I wonder why this would not be the same with kolibri ..
  • Lets port it to KolibriOS first, and then we will make some speed tests :lol:
  • :lol: of course
  • diamond wrote:
    Jake wrote:Is it possible to create a program that will teach Firefox or OpenOffice to do what is needed to be executed in Kolibri OS?
    Theoretically - yes. Practically - this would require too many efforts.
    Would this be the same thing as what WINE does in Linux?
  • No, wine can start programs compiled for windows in linux. Port is making special version of Firefox only for KolibriOS
  • Alexus wrote:No, wine can start programs compiled for windows in linux. Port is making special version of Firefox only for KolibriOS
    Is it theoretically possible to make a wine equivalent for kolibri?
  • The condition
    a program that will teach Firefox or OpenOffice to do what is needed to be executed in Kolibri OS
    suggests that an analogue of Wine is thought of, so my answer ("theoretically possible", with many modifications in the kernel and huge amount of code in the application) refers to this. There is another way to get a program working in another environment - porting, which means changing source code of a program (and libraries) to get it compiled for another environment.