minimp3

Processing, playback of audio and video
  • So how do I use this library? Where is the documentation? Or maybe just a description of the API?
    Any demo programs available? How did you test this?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:So how do I use this library? Where is the documentation? Or maybe just a description of the API?
    Any demo programs available? How did you test this?
    Test application is inside archive attached to the post. Also, there is source code of both library and test application on github link. On the github you will find small readme file that shortly describes main functions.

As usual you just stdcall functions that are inside library and use them to decode mp3 files into raw data adn do whatever you want to do with it.
    I only know how to open raw audio files on linux, sorry. In audacity you just import file as a raw file without header data.
  • The test application inside the archive seems broken.
    No output on debug board, no visible crashes, just exits immediately.
    Loading it into the debugger revealed that you immediately want to allocate memory after load, while you did not initialise heap yet.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Probablly you haven't put newlib (libc.dll) into the corresponding folder. You see I am using newlibc from Serge. Would you mind trying to test it on iso image of kolibri. There has to be right newlibc. I am also attaching libc.dll into this post, in case you don't have any.
    The other reason may be that you haven't put minimp3.obj into /lib/ folder.
    Attachments
    libc.dll.tar.gz (111.43 KiB)
    Downloaded 370 times
  • popovpa wrote:Не проигрывает файлы большого объёма...130 мб и 146 мб...1 секунду слышен скрежет и дальше тишина...проблема в minimp3 он падает...
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency,
    Впервые слышу о mp3 файле такого размера, вероятно запустился не mp3 а какой нибудь flac или еще чего. Но если все же это такой огромный mp3, то скорее всего тупо не хватает памяти все это дело разжевать, хотя хз, Дима лучше шарит
  • popovpa
    Он ведь переводит распаковывает перед воспроизведением? Может память закончилась?
    Из хаоса в космос
  • 2 гигабайта памяти закончились? А где посмотреть сколько памяти свободной?

ASOT Armin van Buuren, всё время в таком размере, а бывает ещё толще...
    В данном случае вот это не проигрывается: http://www.litesoundsession.com/podcast ... out_coast/
    chillout coast by Andrey Faustov
  • Насколько я помню он выгружает raw файл, то есть декодирует и занимаемая память довольно сильно растет, так что 140 метров mp3 могут превратиться в 800 метров raw
    Хотя по хорошему он должен разжимать в память и сразу удалять то что использовано. Но в данной библиотеке вся песня кажется в памяти сидит
  • Нет, здесь вызывается функция "декодировать чанк". Нужно внимательно смотреть, в чем дело.
  • I would like to listen to internet radio in Kolibri. HTTP part is ready to go!

Minimp3 however does not seem to decode the stream correctly (outputs some garbage through the speakers).
    Also the usage of newlib (which requires big fat runtime library) is unacceptable to me.

Is anybody still working on this library?

PS: AC97snd player decodes the stream correctly, and the decoder is even smaller then minimp3!
    Perhaps making this decoder a COFF library would be even better then this minimp3...

EDIT: It seems minimp3.obj works without any external library's, only the example program needs libc.dll
  • А есть асм исходники minimp3 для Fasm-а ?
    И можно их посмотреть ?
  • Roman wrote:А есть асм исходники minimp3 для Fasm-а ?
    И можно их посмотреть ?
    Либа на Си.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • А в чем собирали Си код ?
    Code::Blocks или Visual Studio 2012 ?

Я на github находил minimp3-master.
    Компилил в Code::Blocks. Размер экзешника получил 67 kb (килограмм)