replace system font tables

Kernel-side graphics support
  • The kernel loads syfonts at the start-up time from two *.MT binary files located in RD/1/FONTS.
    You (or your application) can replace these files, save the image, and reboot.
    Евангелие от Иоанна: стих 1

Code: Select all

; В начале было Слово:
    B32:        mov     ax, os_stack       ; Selector for os
    [/size]
  • art_zh wrote:The kernel loads syfonts at the start-up time from two *.MT binary files located in RD/1/FONTS.
    Nice suggestion, thank you, but I can't find those files.
    In rd/1/fonts I find file litt.chr. (Whatever that is).
    The char.mt and char2.mt files are in the kernel/gui folder.
    But they are Fasm included in the kernel by the kernel/gui/font.inc (and not loaded from file).
    Can you please locate the code for me that loads the font tables?
    Greetings from Seppe
  • seppe wrote:
    art_zh wrote:The kernel loads syfonts at the start-up time from two *.MT binary files located in RD/1/FONTS.
    Nice suggestion, thank you, but I can't find those files.
    In rd/1/fonts I find file litt.chr. (Whatever that is).
    The char.mt and char2.mt files are in the kernel/gui folder.
    But they are Fasm included in the kernel by the kernel/gui/font.inc (and not loaded from file).
    Can you please locate the code for me that loads the font tables?
    Comrade art_zh has supplied you with outdated information. From SVN revision 2640 two system fonts included to the kernel file KERNEL.MNT. I made ​​this change, because in the case of corrupted kolibri.img the kernel could not display the boot log. Also now boot log can display immediately after the installation of the selected video mode. You need to change the font files in the kernel source, compile and replace the kernel for your experiments.
    Всем чмоки в этом проекте! Засуньте эти 11 лет себе в жопу!
  • It would be possible to write such a system function.
    But:
    * Do you have char.mt for additional code pages, or do you plan to create them?
    * Would unicode not be a better solution?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Topic continued on viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2696
    Greetings from Seppe