I implemented a small UEFI module to boot kolibri without CSM, find it here
It is done in fasm, using uefi.inc
. A thread
by XVilka was especially helpful for booting on real hardware.
How it works:
- Choose and set video mode via UEFI graphics output protocol;
- Get memory map and convert it to E820 format;
- Load kernel and disk image into memory;
- Set boot params at 0x9000+;
- Load new GDT;
- Go to compatibility and then protected mode;
- Clear cr4.pae bit;
- Jump to the kernel.
What doesn't work:
- 'blue screen' (to choose video mode type its number and press enter, no indication so far!);